January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t believe people are believing a fake French ‘journalist’ who overwhelmingly tweets about us, in English or about anal sex. Just block this troll and move on. 

Got a link? A mate was asking 

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t believe people are believing a fake French ‘journalist’ who overwhelmingly tweets about us, in English or about anal sex. Just block this troll and move on. 

Yeah, people shouldn't rely on this guy's reporting. This isn't the first time he's given his readers a bum steer. 

• Haha 2

I’m still hoping for signings, won’t give up hope until the window actually closes. It’s just nice to be stronger and have extra options but Unai knows best, I’m not overly fussed.

I acknowledge that some of the concerns are valid too, there’s always going to be fear of injuries, suspensions etc. and I too want us to do as well as possible for the remainder of the season but we also have some good players coming back into the squad. Carlos, McGinn and now BT returning, just a few examples. I trust in Unai and it’s going to be a really entertaining summer of transfer activity regardless…

But, surely I’m not the only one who’s more excited to see and bothered about (or looking forward to) how we play and improve under this manager and how he brings player’s games on rather than whether we sign more players right now…

I just look forward to every game now (not the case under the previous manager, that was so bad) and expect and see us making progress, improvement and strides. Unai has made us a lot better defensively, more intelligent and solid but I’m also seeing it if improvement on the ball and in our passing. Much more to come… it’s exciting and I fully expect our players performances to keep improving…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Doubt they would offer that much considering they have to match his current wages. Villa got fleeced with the 25m we payed.

I dont think we got fleeced to be honest dignes been ok amd 28m for a french international left back isnt bad.

Just think better value elsewhere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powehi said:

Again, even though you're clearly a seasoned Villa supporter and an articulate poster, you're skirting the key issue here - that Emery has sanctioned all of this and is essentially stating he is happy to work with this group of players only for the next five months until we can buy again. He is a respected and proven manager who has also drastically overturned our fortunes with these same players, give or take. The additions have also begun, and we have a player returning from injury and a player returning from loan. You do the fans that are content with where we are a disservice by painting us as content underachievers, where the reality is that we pick Emery's experience over yours. 

Strengthening can come in different ways, and it may not always involve chucking extra bodies at things. We now have a tight knit squad playing one game a week until the summer. The vast majority of them are now familiar with Emery's methods and tactics. Players are available to replace those in the first team who occasionally get suspended and lose form. Such unity may have gone a long way to dispelling Gerrard's toxicity from the dressing room.

There will obviously be games lost as well as won, but we are in a good position to challenge for top 8.

They key issue, for me and many others, is that Emery has no control whatsoever over the numbers of injuries and suspensions.  His experience and your trust in it (which I happen to share) is totally irrelevant to that issue.  Players being familiar with his methods is totally irrelevant if they are not available.  A unfortunate glut of either,  especially up front, and I think we'd be very quickly spannered with regards to challenging for top 8.  Although the return of Bert will help. 

Edited by El Segundo

4 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

They key issue, for me and many others, is that Emery has no control whatsoever over the numbers of injuries and suspensions.  His experience and your trust in it (which I happen to share) is totally irrelevant to that issue.  Players being familiar with his methods is totally irrelevant if they are not available.  A unfortunate glut of either,  especially up front, and I think we'd be very quickly spannered with regards to challenging for top 8.  Although the return of Bert will help. 

But I think that's why I've got no real problem with this window, the belief that at worst it could mean the difference between finishing 8th or 10th...im not overly concerned with that, getting the summer right is more important

I don't see a signing this month or today getting us 7th, thank Gerrard for that not inactivity this window, the summer is a whole other story

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:
  • Guilbert
  • Sanson
  • Ings
  • Bednarek
  • Augustinsson
  • Nakamba

giphy.gif

I'm pretty happy we've been able to move that amount of deadwood out the club. 

And whilst Ings contributed, to be able to sell him for a good price is a bonus IMO.