January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

If we had 18 senior players with a load of highly rated youth ready to jump in and supplement our squad then i would be more than happy  . But we havent. Archer and Tim are out on loan , AJ and Chrisene are back from loan but with pretty bad injuries. Brad Young has come back from an unsuccessful loan at league 2 / conference standard. 

We have nothing to supplement the 18 or so at the moment.  Nothing. That is a big risk being made by our club. Knocks are knocks. They happen and some players are better naturally getting over them than others.  But anyone at any time can get a season ending injury.  If Ollie did his cruciate at the weekend then for the rest of the season we would be relying on Duran to be our striker for 18 games. And we have already been told that he is a project , not a starter. If he got injured then its either Brad Young Or Kobei Moore to lead the line. 

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I'm very relaxed tbf. 

Others may be panicking because it's deadline day but I knew we'd be here when we shifted Ings without a backup, I said as much at the time and have been pretty consistent in questioning our strategy this window.

Club has got this wrong I'm afraid.

Yep, if it stays the way it is, the club have got it wrong imo.

• Like 3

Just now, nick76 said:

Less chance of getting the players we want.  Yes we have proved in the past we can get the likes of Kamara but will also stop us getting other players being 14th rather than say 8th.

Based on what?

You've said yourself we've proved it in the past. 

Us finishing 14th or 8th would have little to no impact on our summer signings. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

So what's going to happen?

We have injuries and finish 14th. So what?

"So what"?

Jesus. Actually haha was it you who said the same thing last season? Something like the difference between 9th and 14th is irrelevant and doesn't matter? 

Pretty pathetic perspective tbqh. If we all took that view, wtf would be the point of ever supporting this club.

We should care about every point, every game, every place on the table that we can potentially gain. Christ, I can't believe I'm even having to argue that

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I'm very relaxed tbf. 

Others may be panicking because it's deadline day but I knew we'd be here when we shifted Ings without a backup, I said as much at the time and have been pretty consistent in questioning our strategy this window.

Club has got this wrong I'm afraid.

Not yet.

it’ll only be wrong if it proves to be detrimental.

For now, it is neither right nor wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

First of, who should we loan? 

Secondly, I'd rather we save the money and sign the players we actually want. Loans aren't free. 

Well without any scouting whatsoever Chelsea have 8 forward players and 7 spots over and above squad registration limits, so I'd perhaps start looking there. 

But we will have detailed scouting reports on every team in the league.

Just now, est1874 said:

"So what"?

Jesus. Actually haha was it you who said the same thing last season? Something like the difference between 9th and 14th is irrelevant and doesn't matter? 

Pretty pathetic perspective tbqh. If we all took that view, wtf would be the point of ever supporting this club.

We should care about every point, every game, every place on the table that we can potentially gain. Christ, I can't believe I'm even having to argue that

I agree we should care but if things go wrong so what? It's a small slip on a long term journey. 

We don't need short term thinking based on panic driven what if scenarios.

We will sign players today, just because we're not getting a running commentary in the media as to what's happening doesn't mean things aren't going on.

One knows we're working on deals in the background in the hope of bringing players in because if we weren't the club would have let it be known that we won't be signing anyone else via Percy, Collomose and so on.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And what if we continue do well? 

Some brains are unable to comprehend a positive outlook. We won’t do well if we don’t get a striker in NOW!

Edited by It's Your Round
I can’t even spell so just ignore me
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

The thing that concerns me the most is that I’ve just wasted 20 minutes reading through the drivel in this thread. I’ll never get that time back, and I’ve learnt nothing. 

I just spin scroll looking for anything embedded that could be news - the rest remains unread

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

And what if we continue do well? 

I would say the club would have got it wrong still. Theres risk and there is stupid risks. Having 1 striker is a stupid risk whether it pays off or not. Especially when we only have one senior winger as well. 

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

Sure 🙄

Defence is fine. 

Cm is fine. 

We have Bailey, Buendia, Ramsay, Coutinho, Mcginn and Moreno who could play wide in Emery's formation. 

We have Watkins and Dhuran as main striker

We have Buendia, Bailey, Coutinho or Ramsay who could play off them. 

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

Not yet.

it’ll only be wrong if it proves to be detrimental.

For now, it is neither right nor wrong.

There's a little thing called risk mitigation, which assumes the worst of a situation and asks "so what if it happens?"

Your view doesn't address that at all, and nor has the club, that's the problem.