January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

30 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’d say that the difference between this January window and most January windows in the past, is that generally we’ve been buying from a position of weakness, either involved or on the edge of a relegation battle. This year we’re relatively strong. We’re buying to continue our forward momentum. 

So we’re not particularly desperate and have a head coach we trust to get the best out of what we already have. We’re looking for higher quality players so that makes it harder but we’re not in a survival battle for a change. 

If we can get our choices in, then all the better but the chances of players quickly settling in and making a big enough difference to get us a European spot aren’t that great. Although who knows with the Sultan at the helm. 

But if it takes them a couple of months to settle in - then buying them now means that they should be settled in so that we have a good pre-season and hopefully can hit the ground running coming the start of next season. 

Given there is no major championship this summer it would be good to think that we can get our targets in early so that they can spend as much time with the squad and Emery as possible.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Sky understood that we had agreed a deal for Duran after we actually announced it so those 2 pricks Sheth and Solekol can continue to spout bollocks about clubs instead.

Unless the club says anything, I'm going to remain positive.

I'm going to remain......In the Dark.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Side note, you know she never wrote Torn? it's a cover. 

But yes, you are correct.

Yeah I knew that, she could sing anything or just mumble and it would be ok by me 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

"just don't know, what year"

Summer would still be this year 🤣🤣🤣

But you can tell he is walking away and in the direction of catching a flight to Birmingham 🤣

Edited by Jas10