January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Doesn't improve our starting 11. I'd rather us just give Kadan Young a chance than develop a player for Man United 

I'd rather play the best possible team at any given time. Who gives a shit about Man U. If we are 2-1 down to Palace with 20 min to go I would rather get Elanga on the pitch than Kadan Young.

Kadan Young might never make it - Elanga has made it already.

And if he does well, we might buy him out.

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'd rather play the best possible team at any given time. Who gives a shit about Man U. If we are 2-1 down to Palace with 20 min to go I would rather get Elanga on the pitch than Kadan Young.

Kadan Young might never make it - Elanga has made it already.

And if he does well, we might buy him out.

3 goals in 36 games is hardly made it. I've never been impressed with him when I've watched him play. A loan to the championship would do him good. That's his current level.

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

3 goals in 36 games is hardly made it. I've never been impressed with him when I've watched him play. A loan to the championship would do him good. That's his current level.

I'd argue that's not a bad return in the hardest league in the world in a questionable Man U team for a 19/20 year old. 

So let's agree to disagree - I like Elanga very much! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Seems like we won't be signing anyone. Deloufeu injured. Lee Kang-In bid rejected they won't sell this window. Price for Guendouzi oribably too much for this window too Marseille need to qualify for CL so need him. 

Can't go for alternatives who don't fit the bill. Better waiting 

We weren’t in for him. It was just speculation. 

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Seems like we won't be signing anyone. Deloufeu injured. Lee Kang-In bid rejected they won't sell this window. Price for Guendouzi oribably too much for this window too Marseille need to qualify for CL so need him. 

+ Nico Williams and Luiz Henrique rejecting us. Agreed better to do nothing than get 3rd/4th choice

I'd definitely take Elanga if we had the option to buy him. He fits the profile of what we need - happy on either wing or as a striker, athletic, industrious etc. 

I can't see Man Utd really wanting to sell him, though, and there's no point in us developing a player for them and having the pleasure of paying for it too. 

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Don’t say that! People will go nuts for suggesting we won’t sign anyone! There’s still 497 days left of the window!! 

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d be happy getting rid of Nakamba and Chambers and signing absolutely nobody until the summer.

We need to get the squad down to a core 13/14 and then in the Summer we can go after 3 or 4 high quality players. Given we’ve got the wages of a few off the books and reduced the squad size, we’ll have some serious room to play with. 

No point in rushing players through the door now. The only player we’ve been linked to that I think would genuinely improve us is Guendouzi. I’d be ecstatic if we signed him but not bothered one jot about the rest. 

Clearing the dead wood is a priority for me. Digne and Coutinho can go in the Summer too. 

Mate, only took the better part of 2 years but we’re finally on the same page