January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Just now, messi11 said:

Don't think they have to be amazing to make it or to be better than Sanson and Guilbert. They just need to work hard and understand the system. 

But neither of them really got any game time, so no point just being better than them.  We don’t want our youth to be benchwarmers, I’d rather just sell them and make money that way, to then reinvest.

• Like 1

Looking at sky bets transfer odds it’s all players that are really unlikely to move this January like Mbappe. 

The most likely looking one is Elanga to Dortmond. 

I don’t get why they won’t let me bet on Guendouzi  to Villa. Why won’t they take my money damn it!!

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looking at sky bets transfer odds it’s all players that are really unlikely to move this January like Mbappe. 

I don’t get why they won’t let me bet on Guendouzi  to Villa. Why won’t they take my money damn it!!

If you call them they will probably give you a price.

I don’t believe we’re finished this January. It would be a huge mistake given how tight the league is and having a realistic opportunity of getting in to the Europe  qualification places.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Disappointing if this is the case.

We have the momentum and with some of the big six clubs underperforming an opportunity to break the status quo in regards to the top 6.

We need to push on this season or we will regret it. Now is the time to pull the trigger.

With this squad, we've beaten Man Utd and Spurs.

Let's keep it calm.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Unai has said multiple times he wants a particular style of winger and that Jhon wasn’t signed to replace Ings - and people still want to believe we are done for the window 

We might be.  It's fine.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe because its already a done deal and they've stopped taking bets on it 😉

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Unai has said multiple times he wants a particular style of winger and that Jhon wasn’t signed to replace Ings - and people still want to believe we are done for the window 

Please want to think of the worst case scenario to avoid disappointment. But then they are still disappointed ha

2 minutes ago, bose said:

I don’t believe we’re finished this January. It would be a huge mistake given how tight the league is and having a realistic opportunity of getting in to the Europe  qualification places.

But we also don't want to spunk our budget on suboptimal players to try to get into Europa League. I'd rather be smart and build a Champions League team.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

With this squad, we've beaten Man Utd and Spurs.

Not sure that’s a great answer, this squad has also lost to Stevenage.  My point being that who we’ve beaten doesn’t change that we can all see weaknesses that we hope can be addressed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not sure that’s a great answer, this squad has also lost to Stevenage.  My point being that who we’ve beaten doesn’t change that we can all see weaknesses that we hope can be addressed.

January is the shittest month to do business.  We have a decent squad already.

The impatience involved in football is so infuriating.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Yes, it’s just a month post World Cup that has also made it harder to do deals. We shouldn’t make short term signings if they don’t improve the squad. 

It seems the asking prices are too high....we have to remain cute.

If we have to keep our powder dry, so be it.

Patience is a virtue.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Understand the sentiment behind this post, but also understand why some would be apprehensive about going into the remainder of the season with what we've got. 

Personally I thought our squad was a bit light before we let players go. When we're putting multiple goalkeepers on the bench, I think that shows your squad is really lacking depth.