January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Ideally would like to see a couple in, but equally happy not to just fill the squad with bodies / get fleeced into paying over the odds. Some cover up front would be ideal, but having got rid of non-playing squad fillers is a really good start and the summer is going to be super exciting.

Still think we'll see one or two additions in the next week though.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why would those players leave when they are sitting 3rd in the league?

I don't think they would! I doubt they need the money having sold Isak in the summer and why change a winning formul, I agree! But when the Trees says there's a plane heading somewhere, it's always a bit of fun to speculate!

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think we are finished for incomings. 18 games left now? We are going to get by with what we have I think.

Disappointing if true given we still have a chance for a European place, however remote that is.  Obviously we don’t buy just anybody but I was hoping at least one more quality signing in our area of weaknesses.

7 minutes ago, Wes said:

I don't think they would! I doubt they need the money having sold Isak in the summer and why change a winning formul, I agree! But when the Trees says there's a plane heading somewhere, it's always a bit of fun to speculate!

I've no idea who that is.

Has anyone thought maybe it's just Emery (or his staff) flying home for a few days? We don't have a game for over a week.

Edited by duke313

10 minutes ago, Wes said:

Where dose @thetrees post nowadays? 

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think we are finished for incomings. 18 games left now? We are going to get by with what we have I think.

What happens if Ollie pulls up again? Coutinho as false 9?

To let two bench warming strikers leave this window and not replace them would be very odd. We'll get at least another forward in.

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Today is the day. I'm predicting a 3pm press conference with 5 empty chairs :D 

with the announcement, 'he's been sold, he's gone on loan, he's gone on loan, he's been sent back and we just f##ked him off because he was sh#t.' 🤣

• Haha 1

Getting at the desperation stage of the window now. I dont want 3rd or 4th choice, I want Emery's first choices. I think it's best of us to sit this out until the summer if we can't get them and just make do with what we've got and maybe recall Tim and Philogene back from loan, give them mins from the bench.

Will give the owners the benefit of doubt for this window but if they don't back Emery and spend money in the summer I will be flying to USA and Egypt to protest against them.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are our youth that amazing though? Only time will tell whether they can truly make a difference regularly for our first team. I know there is a lot of hope for our youth and we can all see why but most aren’t anywhere ready for regular first team minutes or even material minutes.

inclined to agree. who knows what the future holds for them, but my gut tells me that only tim and maybe aaron ramsey will end up as PL players for us

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

inclined to agree. who knows what the future holds for them, but my gut tells me that only tim and maybe aaron ramsey will end up as PL players for us

I’m not there on Aaron yet but I think Tim has shown enough that he could be and hopefully get more minutes with us over the next 18 months.

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That's pretty much half the season! There's no way. We're at bare bones. It's crazy that we only have one winger and one striker (ok, two).

Edited by Rolta

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are our youth that amazing though? 

Don't think they have to be amazing to make it or to be better than Sanson and Guilbert. They just need to work hard and understand the system. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Disappointing if this is the case.

We have the momentum and with some of the big six clubs underperforming an opportunity to break the status quo in regards to the top 6.

We need to push on this season or we will regret it. Now is the time to pull the trigger.

Edited by AshVilla