January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, useless said:

Six days of the transfer window to go, so if we're to get Emery's three wished for positions, midfielder, winger, and striker, then from now on either every day is going to have to be a new signing day or new signing eve, or we will have days when we sign more than one player. Players to leave as well, and others to go on loan, so in theory should be a busy week coming up.

Didn’t we sign Bednarek and Donk on deadline day? Maybe we can have similar luck again. Who are the current bench warmers at the relegation sides?

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

I’ve got fingers and toes crossed for us to get PSVs Bakayoko. Not just for his ability but so we can have a chant to a Four Tops classic  

You’ll go loco for Johan Bakayoko, if you watch him too long.  Yes you’ll be going loco for Johan Bakayoko, his wing magic is so strong.

Screw our recruitment model, let’s sign players just based on their chant potential

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Is the money concern about financial fair play implications or the club/owners over extending themselves? 

I think it’s the opportunity cost. For every player we overpay for, we have less money to spend on someone else.  For every player who doesn’t work out, we have years of wages to keep paying so wage bill increases and can’t bring someone else in.

• Like 2

I imagine the club is being just careful financially, don't want to fall for the usual January desperation. I understand fans frustration, when many clubs are being careful on how they spend their money, you've got sides like Chelsea spending money like it grows on trees. 🤣

Fans just have to be patient. Summer is our focus in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

I imagine the club is being just careful financially, don't want to fall for the usual January desperation. I understand fans frustration, when many clubs are being careful on how they spend their money, you've got sides like Chelsea spending money like it grows on trees. 🤣

Fans just have to be patient. Summer is our focus in my opinion. 

Indeed - if we manage to clear out some of our surplus to requirements players to more desperate teams in Jan and get better value in the summer then it's  no bad thing.  Still feels like we're  a player or two light for now, but if the team can continue to improve between now and the end of the season (not expecting fireworks,  more steady evolution), then that's  a great result 

2 hours ago, useless said:

Six days of the transfer window to go, so if we're to get Emery's three wished for positions, midfielder, winger, and striker, then from now on either every day is going to have to be a new signing day or new signing eve, or we will have days when we sign more than one player. Players to leave as well, and others to go on loan, so in theory should be a busy week coming up.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not buying Unai is at United scouting them or Forest for games in April. Must be a player, only one that makes sense to me is AWB

That makes no sense to me at all… Unai’s whole game is built on passing it around at the back and AWB is probably the worst defender in the league with the ball at his feet. 

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Doesn’t he play predominantly on the left? Good player though

I thought on the right. But it was probably Bissaka anyway. Elanga only played 5 minutes plus stoppage.

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Darío Osorio dribbles with the ball, goes past one player, puts the ball on the plate to Ollie Watkins and its a................

That whole clip was shocking

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I think it’s the opportunity cost. For every player we overpay for, we have less money to spend on someone else.  For every player who doesn’t work out, we have years of wages to keep paying so wage bill increases and can’t bring someone else in.

I agree to a point,  but I think the fan base possibly under estimates the wealth behind our current setup. They can certainly afford to throw good money after bad if they believe it will bring us a champions league level squad.

12 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We shall get those who would help us in the longer term rather only short term. So guendozzi or Hernandez would be really good signings. 

12 hours ago, turvontour said:

I agree with the first part, but we very much can achieve by getting in and around europa places this season. 

I get what you’re saying but if it requires inflated prices and wages then better to wait. If we can get the right deal then great but we aren’t as desperate as some seem to think.