January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Dembele’s stats look good last season. Been utter shit this season though. Has barely played too. Anyone know what’s up with that?

Not sure his fitness has been great as he had an injury at the start of the season. I agree though his 21/22 stats were good. 

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But will he cost less than Ings in wages? I guess we'd have some financial recompense coming from him as he's only 26.

If he finds his form could be an ideal placeholder.

Option to buy not necessary. He'd be out of contract. 

Ah yes, sorry. 

Loan probably out of the question then. Parent club would be admitting they were going to get nowt.

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Dembele’s stats look good last season. Been utter shit this season though. Has barely played too. Anyone know what’s up with that?

They bought Lacazette, Dembele got injured,  and he's struggles to find form competing with Lacazette for time.

It is slightly concerning, but as a placeholder that shouldn't cost much its probably the best we can get. If he rediscovers his best form it could work out brilliantly.  A low cost gamble really, which is why West ham are less inclined to go this route and wanted a more proven option, but Everton have been linked as they're skint.

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Another thing is that Emery has a habit of giving players a chance to reinvent their careers with him. So even though statistically he hasn’t been that great this season for Lyon, hopefully Emery can give him the confidence to be a success for us.

That's true, but Villarreal being a small club without much money probably played a part in that. Would he turn down highly rated players and prefer to go with those who failed elsewhere?

We should go all out to get Terem Moffi in. Watkins, Bailey, Dhuran and him would give us a decent choice. Use the Ings money and i reckon that sets us up nicely for the future, whilst archer hopefully scores more goals and gains in confidence ready for a part to play next year

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Glad it's not just me. I think that one is at Barca.

Edit- This one was the one from Celtic and Fulham. 

There's Mousa Dembele born -86 who was at Spurs.

Ousmane Dembele who was at Dortmund and now at Barcelona (star player)

And Moussa Dembele (this one, currently Lyon).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Emery said that he would only be looking to add new players who offered something different to what we already had. I liked Ings as a fairly clinical striker but I've been concerned about how slow he has become, which the match against Leeds highlighted.

I noticed recently while scrolling possible incomers stats that Deulofeu has been playing as a striker for Udinese for a while now, and wondered whether he would offer that "difference" that Unai mentions playing alongside Watkins?

11 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Some highlight vids for anyone who hasn’t really seen him play

No thanks.

He's been absolute garbage this season.

No better than Bertrand Traore the last guy we signed from Lyon and spent 18 million on remember him?

Edited by AshVilla

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They bought Lacazette, Dembele got injured,  and he's struggles to find form competing with Lacazette for time.

It is slightly concerning, but as a placeholder that shouldn't cost much its probably the best we can get. If he rediscovers his best form it could work out brilliantly.  A low cost gamble really, which is why West ham are less inclined to go this route and wanted a more proven option, but Everton have been linked as they're skint.

How low cost are we talking here? Because if we’re buying him with practically the money we got for Ings, that sounds like a good trade off to me. I’d take that gamble.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

There's Mousa Dembele born -86 who was at Spurs.

Ousmane Dembele who was at Dortmund and now at Barcelona (star player)

And Moussa Dembele (this one, currently Lyon).

Mousa and Moussa. FFS. They need to add middle names or something, that's ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

How low cost are we talking here? Because if we’re buying him with practically the money we got for Ings, that sounds like a good trade off to me. I’d take that gamble.

I'd think so. They only bought him for 18m, admittedly a while back now, and he's only got 6 months left in his contract.

I'd think he'd take a lower wage than Ings and cost less than him up front. Plus we could probably recoup some of what we pay for him in 3 years time.

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

What happened to "Frank" and "Garry" ffs. 

I believe Frank Dembele is currently at Borussia Dortmund but, sadly, Garry Dembele’s career hasn’t gone quite as well. He’s at Darlington.