January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Want no less than £40m for Cash if he is to leave for Chelsea, anything less we should decline.

20 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

£40m?! They paid £56m+£7m add ons for Cucurella. Cash is only a 12 months older than him and signed a five year extension back in April. So match that at least if you want him Chelsea.

there is no way on this earth that we are getting 40m for Cash, let alone 50/60m+.

If we do, then great, but whoever authorised the purchase should be immediately hung, drawn, quartered, and their body parts taken to the four corners of the earth as a message to all Heads of Recruitment that such an idiotic waste of money will have consequences.

For Chelsea fans, Cash it totes an elite right back, he never spins around, trips and falls over when opposition full backs run directly at him, he has the touch of a maestro and his crosses are as perfect and beautiful as a shooting star falling to earth, sign him up for 60m before another big club does, he is elite.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Cash’s stock isn’t as high as it was say 12 months ago, and he didn’t exactly showcase himself at the WC. No club is going to offer anywhere close to £50m let alone £60m. Let’s be realistic about his worth. Especially as we have a hard time selling players for profit. 

We have a hard time as 1. We sign bang average players and 2. We tend to roll over and let the buying club tickle our bellies in negotaitions. About time we showed some balls both as a buying AND selling club.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Cash’s stock isn’t as high as it was say 12 months ago, and he didn’t exactly showcase himself at the WC. No club is going to offer anywhere close to £50m let alone £60m. Let’s be realistic about his worth. Especially as we have a hard time selling players for profit. 

Especially when a new manager maybe doesn’t fancy him to be a starter 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

there is no way on this earth that we are getting 40m for Cash, let alone 50/60m+.

If we do, then great, but whoever authorised the purchase should be immediately hung, drawn, quartered, and their body parts taken to the four corners of the earth as a message to all Heads of Recruitment that such an idiotic waste of money will have consequences.

For Chelsea fans, Cash it totes an elite right back, he never spins around, trips and falls over when opposition full backs run directly at him, he has the touch of a maestro and his crosses are as perfect and beautiful as a shooting star falling to earth, sign him up for 60m before another big club does, he is elite.

I'm not saying we'd get that for him. What I am saying is that if Brighton can fleece them for Cucurella then why the hell can't we?!?

I remember when they bought Cucurella, everyone couldn't believe that Brighton got that for him and were saying 'I wish Villa could be make that sort of profit on a player." Well, guess what, Polish international, on a 5 year contract, only 25. His form may have dropped but, shh, Cucurella's has too. AND a good world cup has only lifted his stock value.

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

I'd happily drive Cash to Chelsea for £25 mil

Haven't they heard we're not a selling club? Cash is going through a sticky patch at the moment, but he is an international and a starter for us. We should slam the phone down on them, unless they want to make us an offer that we really can't refuse (which I very much doubt, for me it would need to be at least double £25m) and they should also throw a couple of their "fringe" players into the deal as a sweetener. In any case, we are 11th and they are 10th, we shouldn't be helping our mid-table competitors and it is not a very big step up is it?;)

Just now, stewiek2 said:

I'm not saying we'd get that for him. What I am saying is that if Brighton can fleece them for Cucurella then why the hell can't we?!?

I remember when they bought Cucurella, everyone couldn't believe that Brighton got that for him and were saying 'I wish Villa could be make that sort of profit on a player." Well, guess what, Polish international, on a 5 year contract, only 25. His form may have dropped but, shh, Cucurella's has too. AND a good world cup has only lifted his stock value.

I agree Chelsea were fleeced for Cucurella, however there is something there to at least provide the illusion of ability/value with Cucurella, ie: his technical ability and ability on the ball (which most big clubs value).

Cash is about as technical as an under 5's Meccano manual.

13 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Does the Felix signing make Pulisic more available? Let's sign McKennie and Pulisic. I've always said the way to winning titles is signing Americans.

I like Pulisic but I would want a team of experts there for the medical!!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Exactly you take the good profit when you know you can do better with the money

10 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

They paid a lot for cucurella but he’s a very good player. And better than cash in almost every important department

18 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Nah I'm not having that attitude. We paid £14m for Cash and you're happy with £26m profit and get bummed by Chelsea, whilst Brighton paid £15m for Cucurella and and fleeced £41m+7m off them for him?! That's like saying you'd accept £46m for Dibu?!

We need to start being like Brighton in holding out for proper profit on players who have only just signed big contracts. F**k Chelsea. Boehly is like a kid in a candy shop. Match the Cucurella fee AT LEAST or do one!*

*Incidentally, I think neither player is worth what they paid for Cucurella. But that's set the bar now so match it.

Lol well talk about demands 😂 I personally wouldn’t turn down £40m actually I’ll increase it to £45m that would be a good return and we can invest that into one which we can maybe find overseas for slightly cheaper. 30m profit no complaints.

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

They paid a lot for cucurella but he’s a very good player. And better than cash in almost every important department

Hes more erratic and less composed id say but a better player yes, not sure why we feel cash can go for £60m which would be the same fee

We have to start selling players for profit, or not losses at least.

Cash is one of our few genuinely sellable and valuable assets, yet one that many already think we need to upgrade on in the summer.

If someone will pay £25m+ for him, it would be madness to turn that down just because another fullback went for twice that. Even if it is to the same club.

And that's despite me liking Cash and hoping that he'll return to form soon.