January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Carla Ward showing the men’s side how it should be done in the market…

Not sure back to back 30+ year olds looking for a last payday would go down very well on here to be honest. 

But yeah, a signings a signing!

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Would anybody take Memphis Depay? Wages would obviously be the stumbling block but he isn’t getting a look in at Barcelona 

Its almost as if we haven't learned from the mistake that is Coutinho if we did this 

Links to players like Moleiro and Kang-in are encouraging and exciting.

We need to inject some energy, pace, vibrancy, creativity and imagination into this team and squad.

Enough of the has-beens on inflated wages (get rid)… that have little to no impact.

Too often, we’ve barely any decent options to come off the bench and make some kind of difference, in an attacking sense, and we are quite shite at creating and especially scoring…

A young and energetic side would be pleasing to see, with a couple of “wise heads” to guide them.

We’ve wasted so much money and inflated our wage bill for nothing…

• Like 1

We need another leader or two on this team, the Stevenage boss said he could see the fear in our players eyes as soon as they equalised (I could also tell they were bricking it). In the last few years I’ve seen this team fall to shit as soon as a mistake has been made and they can never recover. 

For me a leader doesn’t have to be someone that’s older either, we just need additional players that can be able to calm down the rest of the lads. 

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Mate, I’m looking at this guys stats now and he has the stat profile of a poacher except he doesn’t even score goals most seasons. Can’t pass, can’t create, can’t assist, can’t dribble, can’t finish and never even touches the ball.

Never stopped us getting excited about Darren Bent all those years ago did it?😉

I don't know, he did fine for the story of the World cup I thought considering they weren't that creative and got in there to score that header v Portugal so that came to mind when @OutByEaster? was saying we need a forward with presence for the crosses we fire in. Also scored v Canada but can't remember what that goal was like.

I thought he had a couple of really good seasons for Sevilla but seems it's only one. 9 goals in 31 for Leganes when he was 21 wasn't a bad haul though.

If we're looking for experienced striker in mid 20s in europe who wouldn't cost that much relatively then I can't think of too many better examples tbh. He'd cost half of what Mitrovic would for example and is 18 months younger. Emery would know him well also.

He reminds me anyway of when Wolves signed Raul Jimenez. He was mid 20s, had only scored once for Atletico Madrid in the season he was there and even at Benfica he was only scoring 5-7 a season but he was brilliant for Wolves for three seasons as the focal point of their attack.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Never stopped us getting excited about Darren Bent all those years ago did it?😉

I don't know, he did fine for the story of the World cup I thought considering they weren't that creative and got in there to score that header v Portugal so that came to mind when @OutByEaster? was saying we need a forward with presence for the crosses we fire in. Also scored v Canada but can't remember what that goal was like.

I thought he had a couple of really good seasons for Sevilla but seems it's only one. 9 goals in 31 for Leganes when he was 21 wasn't a bad haul though.

If we're looking for experienced striker in mid 20s in europe who wouldn't cost that much relatively then I can't think of too many better examples tbh. He'd cost half of what Mitrovic would for example and is 18 months younger. Emery would know him well also.

He reminds me anyway of when Wolves signed Raul Jimenez. He was mid 20s, had only scored once for Atletico Madrid in the season he was there and even at Benfica he was only scoring 5-7 a season but he was brilliant for Wolves for three seasons as the focal point of their attack.

Darren Bent's stats for us are brilliant, too.

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

We need another leader or two on this team, the Stevenage boss said he could see the fear in our players eyes as soon as they equalised (I could also tell they were bricking it). In the last few years I’ve seen this team fall to shit as soon as a mistake has been made and they can never recover. 

For me a leader doesn’t have to be someone that’s older either, we just need additional players that can be able to calm down the rest of the lads. 

For all his flaws Mings at least talks in the backline.

That's the issue with getting better footballers in the back 4. That's all well and good but they need to actually talk aswell and that's something that's changed in the game in last 20 years. Who exactly was shouting at Ollie to sprint out when Stevenage took the short corner? At least with Mings and Emi on the pitch Ollie would've got the shout a bit promptly. 

Does someone like Moreno speak English for example so while he might be an upgrade on Digne it will take a while for him to adapt to instructions etc.

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

Darren Bent's stats for us are brilliant, too.

When he first came in yes.

But ultimately he couldn't create, dribble etc so we then had games under McLeish/Lambert when he'd touch the ball 7 times in a game.

Benteke could create and dribble so even in terrible teams he looked like scoring every game when fully fit.