January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Just now, HKP90 said:

Striker incoming now, surely. 

Quite excited tbh.

The challenge for the club is can they get someone "better" for us than Kevin Schade ends up being for Brentford. They've gone for a guy who won't be at his peak for about three years for about £30m. Be interested to see if we go the same way, or want something more immediate.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

The challenge for the club is can they get someone "better" for us than Kevin Schade ends up being for Brentford. They've gone for a guy who won't be at his peak for about three years for about £30m. Be interested to see if we go the same way, or want something more immediate.

I'm hoping it will be an 'out of the blue' signing, as has been the case more recently. 

I'd love us to move Ings on and bring a new striker in. I don't mind Ings, I don't Watkins, I just know we're never going to improve if we don't get better. Ings is a good footballer but he is on massive wages, only getting older and isn't as mobile as he should be given the money he costs us. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

£22m

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd love us to move Ings on and bring a new striker in. I don't mind Ings, I don't Watkins, I just know we're never going to improve if we don't get better. Ings is a good footballer but he is on massive wages, only getting older and isn't as mobile as he should be given the money he costs us. 

Mobile enough to keep scoring for us though.  It’s a myth that he’s not mobile, he’s just not as mobile as Watkins but very few are.  Just bonkers thinking he should be sold.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Mobile enough to keep scoring for us though.  It’s a myth that he’s not mobile, he’s just not as mobile as Watkins but very few are.  Just bonkers thinking he should be sold.

Ok, let’s keep him. Let’s keep all of our players and see if we break into Europe. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not sure Archer going out means a striker is coming in tbh.

Archer has barely had a kick all season and we're probably just sending him out for the sake of his own development. We'll probably get by fine with Watkins, Ings and Bailey tbh. Though, it's not ideal. 

I agree, why do we need to replace someone who has barely played.

More likely we would be looking at wide players who have an eye for goal rather than a striker.

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He is more of a wide player but 21 and less than 10 professional starts. Huge risk for them

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok, let’s keep him. Let’s keep all of our players and see if we break into Europe. 

There are some players that needs moved on, Guilbert, Nakamba, Sanson etc.  Ings isn't one of them.

• Like 1

Seen a few people in the morning mention Moffi on Twitter? Is there anything seriously in that or is it wishful thinking? Doesn’t seem to have a bad scoring record and looks decent in the clips I’ve seen. Maybe Southampton are out the race since they are close to signing Orisic (although I though Orisic was more of a winger/AM)

I like Bailey and want him to come good, but even at his best he's only providing fleeting moments of quality and can't be relied upon, yet he is due to being the only player of his profile in the squad. For me the priority is a a player in a similar mould that has pace and can actually take players on 1 vs 1 because there simply isn't enough of that threat on Villa's books compared to some other sides in the league and it's a game changer once you have it. Whether any of them come to fruition or not it's why I don't think it's a coincidence we've seen links to the likes of Deulofeu, Sarr etc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i think we need another atriker with archer going.

Im we can get tammy on a loan i woikd be very happy with that

How are we going to manage if we don't replace someone with no starts and 44 mins in total this season?

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I like Bailey and want him to come good, but even at his best he's only providing fleeting moments of quality and can't be relied upon, yet he is due to being the only player of his profile in the squad. For me the priority is a a player in a similar mould that has pace and can actually take players on 1 vs 1 because there simply isn't enough of that threat on Villa's books compared to some other sides in the league and it's a game changer once you have it. Whether any of them come to fruition or not it's why I don't think it's a coincidence we've seen links to the likes of Deulofeu, Sarr etc.

His current role in the team doesn't fully suit him and is only there due to his pace. He is more of a winger who beats his man and gets crosses in, but is being played as more of a striker where goals are expected.