January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

@Zatman currently exploding with " I told you sos " if true! 😂

To be fair, I think he's a decent player, and came to England with a big reputation, but in the modern game he's more of a luxury IMO.

We need more energy and strength, as nice as the finesse is.

I'm more talking about wages vs. Value, not suggesting he's a bad player at all.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@Zatman currently exploding with " I told you sos " if true! 😂

To be fair, I think he's a decent player, and came to England with a big reputation, but in the modern game he's more of a luxury IMO.

We need more energy and strength, as nice as the finesse is.

I'm more talking about wages vs. Value, not suggesting he's a bad player at all.

I dont write for Football Espana before somebody suggests it :P 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, sne said:

That site is linking us to both Alex Moreno LB from Betis and Nico Williams RW/lw from Bilbao

Nico Williams was in the Spain squad at WC, must be very highly rated to make the squad at his age.

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Nico Williams was in the Spain squad at WC, must be very highly rated to make the squad at his age.

Yeah he's a top talent. £42m buy out clause apparently and 18 months left on his contract. Not the finished article from the little I've seen but he's stupidly quick. Would be quite the signing if we got him ahead of all the big clubs.

His brother Inaki is 28 now, time flies.

Having already been linked with Real Betis full back Alex Moreno, Emery has set his sights on another exciting Spanish talent in the shape of Athletic Club’s Nico Williams. The 20-year-old is one of the brightest stars in Ernesto Valverde’s side, and he impressed for Spain at the recent World Cup in Qatar.

According to Todofichajes, Williams is keen on a move to the Premier League, and he has stalled talks over a new contract with the Basque club as a result. With his current deal, which has a rather appealing €50m recent clause, expiring at the end of next season, Emery will be hoping that a deal can be concluded for one of La Liga’s top young talents.

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/01/03/nico-williams-keen-on-move-to-premier-league-side/amp

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

I’m fine with this. Don’t really rate Digne and think it was fairly poor business for the money paid and his wages. Not much of an upgrade on Targett for me. 

The whole transfer stunk of Gerrard wanting to sign “a name”. That said I thought Digne would be better than he has been, I’d actually persevere with him for now if it was my choice as it’s not all his fault he looked so bad being forced to be the main creative player in Gerrard’s shit-show system, and he’s been ok so far under Emery. 

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I see the following places in squad that need to be filled over next two windows under assumption the following leave the club in effect (loans or Prem)

Ings, Naka, Sanson, Guilbert, Traore, Davis, Hause, Chambers. 

We'll need two forwards to add to Watkins and Bailey. We'll need another 6, a LB, a CB. So a total of 5 players. 

Nah Iroegunam will be just fine as 6 back up/rotation… centre forward and winger absolutely 

1 hour ago, Chicago Villan 1974 said:

Made in Aston. McKennie scores goals AND... does the same job as Kamara. I rate them both. Don't slag McKennie bc he's American. I hope you are better than that.  

He’s really not. Juve signed him to boost their profile in America. Don’t take it personally.

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Nah Iroegunam will be just fine as 6 back up/rotation… centre forward and winger absolutely 

Him and Bogarde if he continues to flourish will be in our squad in 18 months time. The one thing i need to say is do not rush them . Tim is 19 and a half and Lemare is 19 next week. We have plenty of time for them to mature playing somewhere else. We are looking to break into the top 6/8 so these players really need to prove themselves . I am sure they will and i love Tim , but as i said, no rush . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to agree about digne. He is ok but really didnt need to get rid of targett. Silly move in  my opinion

Digne and  Coutinho on 4 year deals was madness plus the 42 mill transfer outlay. With wages that was a £100 mill commitment by the club.  Reallysilly 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would imagine we are looking for left backs. It won't be to replace Digne though, we've been seeking a left back for ages and we got Augustinsson in as cover on loan. If we get someone to put real pressure on Digne then that's great for the team and squad

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to agree about digne. He is ok but really didnt need to get rid of targett. Silly move in  my opinion

Targett who can't get a game at Newcastle, a CB is played in his position there. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RicRic said:

No no no, we need someone up there on par with Luiz and Kamara to push them and rotate. To be cover and a player off the bench. Dendoncker is a good squad player, especially as he can play CB too. But he's a proper drop on Luiz/Kamara and Tim is having his first season of proper football. We're not looking for cover we're looking for competition