January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

I really hope there is nothing in the Vedat Muriqi rumors. Yeah he's tall and he's got 8 goals for Mallorca this season but he's really, really slow and not really great at anything.

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Being linked with mckennie again. He seems to be the new miguel every window we are linked with him

Doesn't fit the profile we need at all. Only does well in a midfield 3 and his passing is poor.

But I think every club will be linked to McKennie. Lazy links for clicks.

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Did we spend 25m on him for just 3 year contract?  Seems crazy

Made sense given we sold Grealish at the same time. The Grealish money is only on our FFP calcs for 3 seasons. That was reasoning behind Ings on 3 years to condense the amortisation and wages into that period 

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Selling Ings to our top 10 rivals Brighton or Brentford doesn't sit right with me
Would need to offer us £20mil + for that reason alone. 

I’m sure they will, if Chris Wood is worth £20m then Ings is worth it and more. It’s not crazy for a club in desperate need of a striker to fork out £20m- £25m on a short term solution.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Southampton should be jumping at the chance to bring Ings back. 

He could potentially save them.

Had a read on Southampton transfer forum and all their fans are desperate to get him back.  Doesn’t sound like they are to optimistic the owners will splash the cash though. 

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Had a read on Southampton transfer forum and all their fans are desperate to get him back.  Doesn’t sound like they are to optimistic the owners will splash the cash though. 

Assume on loan makes sense. Better than being relegated 

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

They are a fickle lot! They were slagging him off when he was there and were glad to get rid! 😂

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

There seems some conflicting views on here, of what these rumours really amount to, we know its just click bait, where do they know we need strengthening?, it just shouting out names.

Leaving, it to, who's available, is not soley in our interests......it needs to be, who will improve us.

I favour, leaving it to Unai, to see who he wants and where he intends playing them.

I think, if he can't get who he wants, he will keep his powder dry.

I see the following places in squad that need to be filled over next two windows under assumption the following leave the club in effect (loans or Prem)

Ings, Naka, Sanson, Guilbert, Traore, Davis, Hause, Chambers. 

We'll need two forwards to add to Watkins and Bailey. We'll need another 6, a LB, a CB. So a total of 5 players. 

• Like 1