January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Ings would be a loan with option to buy in the summer you'd imagine.

Would be a good stopgap for Brentford when Toney gets suspended.

It's no secret they are looking for one.

The modern forward is a player we don't really have but we need with the way Emery will play. The Salah style that mixes an attacking mid, a striker, a winger - work rate. pace, skill, control, intelligence, good finisher. The guy that can score and create.

Easier said than done to get them though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The modern forward is a player we don't really have but we need with the way Emery will play. The Salah style that mixes an attacking mid, a striker, a winger - work rate. pace, skill, control, intelligence, good finisher. The guy that can score and create.

Easier said than done to get them though. 

The see more I see of Danjuma the more I think he fits the bill. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

We need 12.5m to cover his remaining amortization. So 12m + add ons would be minimum we'd accept.

That makes sense.  I think a lot of football fans still think of transfer fees like house prices whereby selling for less than you paid is a disaster.  Being a free agent at the end of the contract has changed all that. 

Unai Emery on Villa transfers: "We're speaking & working on possibility to add some players & with some who can leave. I want to improve, but I’m so happy w/ the players. The next four weeks, we are going to try to add some players but, only if they improve our team."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

No doubt. Not many will be willing or able to pick up his salary thou.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone like United panic bought him if they don't get any of their main targets.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Ings only has a year and half left on his contract, a team could just offer him less money but give him a longer deal, and for a goal scorer by Premier League standards wouldn't cost a lot of money. I could see half the league being interested in him. Would only make sense for us to sell him if we have a replacement that's better than him or Watkins.

Did we spend 25m on him for just 3 year contract?  Seems crazy

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd be shocked.
SHOCKED GODAMMIT, if any club picks up Ings contract and offers him anything better. 

SHOCKED. 

If i was west ham forest southampton Bournemouth i would making an offer asap as they all need a proven striker. Ings is this amd could be differenceof keeping them up. Even if it hasnt really worked out here. Rven if we get 15-20m id be happy with that

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1