January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

22 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I honestly think they’ve given up on FFP

If that was the case then i think newcastle would be outstanding even chelsea.

But it seems to me one rule for them and one rule for everyone else  its a load of bollocks

Just now, Demitri_C said:

If that was the case then i think newcastle would be outstanding even chelsea.

But it seems to me one rule for them and one rule for everyone else  its a load of bollocks

There should be historic sanctions placed on those billionaire purchases pre FFP as it gives the likes of Chelsea, Man City, even Liverpool a massive advantage over everyone else. 

When you look at what FFP stands for it’s a mockery really. 

12 minutes ago, burchy said:

There should be historic sanctions placed on those billionaire purchases pre FFP as it gives the likes of Chelsea, Man City, even Liverpool a massive advantage over everyone else. 

When you look at what FFP stands for it’s a mockery really. 

It really is a mess.

In my opinion it should be wage structures squad size and bonuses that needs FFP addressingon top of the current format.

I think spain have been doing something like this hence why barcelona hav ebeen in a mess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How the hell have they not breached ffp???

Surely they broken it if thats what they spent? It makes no sense

Because we, as fans, look at the transfer fee and go "THAT'S THE AMOUNT SPENT RIGHT NOW!" but this isn't the case.

Loosely, spending money = spread across the life of the contract.  Receiving money = entirely to revenue straight away.  If Chelsea sold youth prospect Conor Gallagher for £30m this window and spend £105m on Enzo Fernandez who signs a 5 year contract, they'll be £9m in 'profit' as £30m received for youth player, £21m cost for year 1 of Fernandez.

Very crude example, but you can't just look at a transfer fee and apply it all to that period.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Because we, as fans, look at the transfer fee and go "THAT'S THE AMOUNT SPENT RIGHT NOW!" but this isn't the case.

Loosely, spending money = spread across the life of the contract.  Receiving money = entirely to revenue straight away.  If Chelsea sold youth prospect Conor Gallagher for £30m this window and spend £105m on Enzo Fernandez who signs a 5 year contract, they'll be £9m in 'profit' as £30m received for youth player, £21m cost for year 1 of Fernandez.

Very crude example, but you can't just look at a transfer fee and apply it all to that period.

The problem with your example is they havent sold any players for big fees. Furthermore sacking tuchel and paying massove compensation to brighton would have cost a for bit!

They have spent a ridiculous amount of cash. If they dont qualify for champions league i dont see how they run as a club without breaking rules.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Chelsea have been spending like this every year so it all adds up.  
Probably more to do with new owners BS FFP gives.  
FFP is a joke and is more or less being made redundant as teams flout it all over the place 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The problem with your example is they havent sold any players for big fees. Furthermore sacking tuchel and paying massove compensation to brighton would have cost a for bit!

They have spent a ridiculous amount of cash. If they dont qualify for champions league i dont see how they run as a club without breaking rules.

6 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Chelsea have been spending like this every year so it all adds up.  
Probably more to do with new owners BS FFP gives.  
FFP is a joke and is more or less being made redundant as teams flout it all over the place 

I won't mess up the thread anymore after this (mods, please transfer to the Other Football thread?!) but Chelsea received £40m for Tammy Abraham and £32m or so for Fikayo Tomori last season.  That's £72m against youth players which counts against FFP for the period(s) including last season.

In theory, that gives them the ability to sign players on 5 year contracts for approx £360m (again, very crude example) and that isn't taking into account the £130m rolling 3-year loss they can make nor any income that they get (which I imagine is pretty huge).

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What Aston Villa transfers?

I’m going to transfer my butt from the couch to the ground tomorrow night.  That’s the only Villa related transfer I can see at the moment.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I won't mess up the thread anymore after this (mods, please transfer to the Other Football thread?!) but Chelsea received £40m for Tammy Abraham and £32m or so for Fikayo Tomori last season.  That's £72m against youth players which counts against FFP for the period(s) including last season.

In theory, that gives them the ability to sign players on 5 year contracts for approx £360m (again, very crude example) and that isn't taking into account the £130m rolling 3-year loss they can make nor any income that they get (which I imagine is pretty huge).

Post this in chelsea thread mate we can talk about it there as thats interesting 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

who is the better players for us?

• Arnaut Danjuma
  • Gerard Deulofeu

I think they would both be good signing, and fit Emery's system, Danjuma would be more expensive though but is younger.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Deulofeu. One of the top creators in Europe! 

Danjuma is more of a finisher rather than a creator, was Villarreal's top scorer last season.  I think we have creators in the team, so my preference would be a finisher.  Danjuma will cost though, so Delofeu would be the cheaper option.

34 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I am not really sure why we get so embroiled in it.....Most of us have no idea, what goes on in the books, how we amortise players and what is the impact......who cares.

We have financial people to keep the club on a sound footing, we have to trust their judgment.

We are football people, thats what we know about.

Talking generally of course.

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m going to transfer my butt from the couch to the ground tomorrow night.  That’s the only Villa related transfer I can see at the moment.

got the lurgy....can't go.

first game I've missed at home in yonks.