January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, sne said:

Stuart Pearce thinks we should try and sign Harry Maguire :D  What has Pearce got against us?

Brum Mail now reporting it as if there’s some substance to the story. As always you have to get nine tenths through the story before they reveal the whole basis of the story is that an ex- footballer listed villa as one of several clubs who he would be a good fit for. 
The state of journalism in this country :bang:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, choffer said:

Brum Mail now reporting it as if there’s some substance to the story. As always you have to get nine tenths through the story before they reveal the whole basis of the story is that an ex- footballer listed villa as one of several clubs who he would be a good fit for. 
The state of journalism in this country :bang:

That newspaper is a colossal joke 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That newspaper is a colossal joke 

As is "Psycho" Pearce. About as hard as my shite after a bout of gastrointestinal flu.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone saying no to sarr just watch how good he was for watfordz goal just now vs norwich.

He was absolutely rapid. Imagine him under emery

Plus he’s playing up front with Keinan Davis so we could recreate that easily.

Just now, MaVilla said:

davis wasnt on the pitch, he was subbed off after 65 mins.

Yes, it was just a silly throwaway joke because Watford have Davis and Sarr starting up front together and people advocate signing Sarr for tens of millions of pounds but are glad to be rid of Davis, so I thought there was enough irony in that for a little gag.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Yes, it was just a silly throwaway joke because Watford have Davis and Sarr starting up front together and people advocate signing Sarr for tens of millions of pounds but are glad to be rid of Davis, so I thought there was enough irony in that for a little gag.

fair play ;)

tbh, the Watford forum is an interesting read re Davis, they admit he has some talent, but are shocked at how he gets out of breath if he presses for more than 5 seconds, and is completely gassed after 60 mins even if he barely moves.

They really dont want to sign him, unfortunately for us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone saying no to sarr just watch how good he was for watfordz goal just now vs norwich.

Mate every time I’ve watched him I think he’s great. His pace scares the living daylights out of defenders, he’s like Traore with a brain, and I was chuffed when it looked like we were signing him in the summer. 

But, he’s been with Watford for a few years now, twice into the championship, and if the rumoured price of our accepted bid in the summer was as little as £25m (peanuts by PL standards) for a player like that. Why hasn’t anyone taken him? 

Im not knocking the kid, I’d still love him here. It just bags why a player like that is still at Watford.

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

Mate every time I’ve watched him I think he’s great. His pace scares the living daylights out of defenders, he’s like Traore with a brain, and I was chuffed when it looked like we were signing him in the summer. 

But, he’s been with Watford for a few years now, twice into the championship, and if the rumoured price of our accepted bid in the summer was as little as £25m (peanuts by PL standards) for a player like that. Why hasn’t anyone taken him? 

Im not knocking the kid, I’d still love him here. It just bags why a player like that is still at Watford.

Was Gerrard’s objection something about his attitude? Not that Gerrard generally got much right, but that may be something other managers see as well. 

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Was Gerrard’s objection something about his attitude? Not that Gerrard generally got much right, but that may be something other managers see as well. 

Word is he didn’t look him in the eye and prove he wants to be at Villa which is fair enough. But in Sarrs defence it was a phone call. 

On a serious note rumours were of attitude so may be one that just isn’t right for us. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Pace is dangerous at any level of the game, we don’t really much of it in our squad apart from Bailey. I’ve always like Sarr when I’ve seen him, quick, powerful, direct.. shame we couldn’t get him in the summer 

22 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Pace is dangerous at any level of the game, we don’t really much of it in our squad apart from Bailey. I’ve always like Sarr when I’ve seen him, quick, powerful, direct.. shame we couldn’t get him in the summer 

It really is. It causes so many problems for defenders.

Literally barring bailey cash and carlos i don't think we have much pace in the side.  Definitely need it