January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

According to some Spanish site I’ve never heard of,

Aston Villa have opened talks with Villarreal over a deal for Netherlands winger Arnaut Danjuma. 

Link 

The same site that has been advertising the Emery/Emi fallout

2 hours ago, gaz90 said:

Whether you choose to believe this account or not (I do), I thought we might be after Gakpo under Emery. Didn't think we had any chance of signing Fernandez though, especially considering he only moved to Benfica six months ago.

No chance of signing Gakpo either.  I'd like to think we can attract higher caliber players these days but he's been on Man U's radar since Ten Hag joined Man U and it was a surprise by insiders he didnt join in the summer and I think it's odds on now he'll join them in January.  Even if that wasnt the case the big clubs would be lining up for him.  I love our optimism now Emery has joined but the likes of Gakpo and Felix are still well beyond us at present.

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We were never going to sign Gakpo before the WC anyways. This Joey guy gets one thing right and acts like an ITK. I don’t buy it at all. 

He hasn’t got one thing right though he’s got quite a few. He probably knows an agent or two who will give him some correct things but others he won’t receive because his sources won’t be aware. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We were never going to sign Gakpo before the WC anyways. This Joey guy gets one thing right and acts like an ITK. I don’t buy it at all. 

Leeds and Southampton were close, so it's possible we were looking.

On 07/11/2022 at 22:34, Tomaszk said:

We should immediately be working on Andreas Schjelderup and Roony Bardghji from the Scandinavian leagues. Before Brighton sign them and we then have to watch them move again for £60m.

Or Benfica.

spacer.png

That Fpl_Lyric guy also quietly deleted his tweet claiming that we were not getting Bednarek on loan. Deleting stuff after being called out and claiming to be “ITK” is just pure nonsense.

Here’s the archive link: http://web.archive.org/web/20220902095426/https://twitter.com/jimpanzee666/status/1565342651196395522

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's gotten multiple things right.

I'm not sure why people who are determined to disparage Amy sort of " ITK " keep saying this.

That doesn't mean he won't, or hasn't gotten things wrong either though.

He discredits himself by deleting his tweets where he gets it wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Why do we always sign let Benfica, Porto and Brighton have a free pass to sign these promising players like Andreas Schjelderup? 

Better and more established scouting than ours probably. We’ve been recruiting and developing the analytics and scouting system ever since we’ve come back to the Premier League.