January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was waiting for that to see who would jump on. Thanks for obliging Nick :)

if he was playing they would have won it more convincingly. ;)

On a serious note if Lo Celso had been playing then Mac Allister probably would’ve missed out and he’s one of the many reasons they won it.

I know Lo Celso is seen as a possible and I’ve seen him play for Spurs, Argentina and Villareal and his performances for Spurs put me off him.  He could just be one of those players that doesn’t fit the PL, I wouldn’t be keen on buying him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Would be a good signing for the price

A lot of competition for his signature though.  The one advantage we have is he probably be guaranteed playing time here.  Bayern he'd be backup.  Inter have L. Martinez, Dezeko Lukaku? Correa.  United need a striker, but they have Rashford, Martial, Antony, Elanaga and Garnacho looks to be breaking through.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would be such a good fit in Emery team.

Still think Lo Celso is more realistic of the two.

Alexis Mac Allister looked very good and think he'd be a good pick up if his Brighton deal is running down.

Agree 100%. I wanted us to go in for him before he signed for Brighton, now is the time to rescue him, you can have enough of the seaside....;) 

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Imagine having a player that’s attracting interest from Bayern, Inter and United and only wanting 10m euros lol. 

i know his contract is up but I’d be shocked if he goes for anything less than double that.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Imagine having a player that’s attracting interest from Bayern, Inter and United and only wanting 10m euros lol. 

i know his contract is up but I’d be shocked if he goes for anything less than double that.

The player would just wait until the summer of that was the case as the club are taking too much of the overall transfer package in that case. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Surely, he's for Chelsea for the Potter renaissance?

He wouldn't get in ahead of Mount. Plus given how bad Cucerella has been so far I can't see the Chelsea fanbase being too happy at them trying to sign half the Brighton team. They'll probably do that and sack Potter a week later.

I think he's more productive than Buendia at this level so that would be good example of strengthening our first 11 rather than just squad.

Can't see us going after Thuram if all those other clubs are arfter him and we're looking to let one of Ollie/Ings go come summer time. 

I guess thats why we may make the signing if one of our strikers is gone. But I want someone like Iliman Ndiaye instead. Thuram comes off as the flavor of the month to me. 

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He wouldn't get in ahead of Mount. Plus given how bad Cucerella has been so far I can't see the Chelsea fanbase being too happy at them trying to sign half the Brighton team. They'll probably do that and sack Potter a week later.

I think he's more productive than Buendia at this level so that would be good example of strengthening our first 11 rather than just squad.

Mount is possibly the most overrated player this century.

• Like 2

Is it just me or is Alexis Mac Allister only all the rage at the moment because he had some good World Cup games, beforehand I can't ever recall him being named amongst Brighton's best or there being any talk of other club's being interested in him, and that's with him playing for a team who's players tend to be overrated and overhyped. Not saying he's a bad player, he wouldn't be in Argentina squad if he was, but I doubt the likes of Chelsea would have any interest, and we probably should be aiming for better, I wouldn't be surprised if Brighton were happy to cash in as now will be the time they could get the biggest fee for him and I'm not sure he would be all that difficult to replace.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Is it just me or is Alexis Mac Allister only all the rage at the moment because he had some good World Cup games, beforehand I can't ever recall him being named amongst Brighton's best or there being any talk of other club's being interested in him, and that's with him playing for a team who's players tend to be overrated and overhyped. Not saying he's a bad player, he wouldn't be in Argentina squad if he was, but I doubt the likes of Chelsea would have any interest, and we probably should be aiming for better, I wouldn't be surprised if Brighton were happy to cash in as now will be the time they could get the biggest fee for him and I'm not sure he would be all that difficult to replace.

The World Cup has highlighted him on a global or I guess to the "casual" fan. But he's been a bright spot for Brighton all season. 

I think cause they just renewed his contract and he's basically just broke onto the scene - so one has really hopped on that bandwagon. A midfield of him and Caicedo for Brighton must be very entertaining for a Brighton fan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

The World Cup has highlighted him on a global or I guess to the "casual" fan. But he's been a bright spot for Brighton all season. 

I think cause they just renewed his contract and he's basically just broke onto the scene - so one has really hopped on that bandwagon. A midfield of him and Caicedo for Brighton must be very entertaining for a Brighton fan. 

He’s been brilliant for them, alongside Trossard.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, useless said:

He’s a good player but not a world beater. But he’s only 23, will only get better. 

Many players can have good tournaments and get bit moves off the back of it but it’s always a very risk move for clubs.  

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

I thought Mac Allister was superb against us and has been brilliant in the world cup. He looks a player that would fit Emery's system superbly. If only he hadn't joined Brighton as he'll cost a fortune now.

We should be looking out for the next Mac Allister. I bet there are loads of talents in Argentina. We need to stop over paying for players 

Edited by Lupinthe5th
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

We should be looking out for the next Mac Allister. I bet there are loads of talents in Argentina. We need to stop over paying for players 

This is what lange and suso have failed on. We are not finding these gems and paying big bucks for once they have been successful. 

Like watford with sarr

Brighton with mac alister and bissouma 

Brentford with toney etc

When we go cheap with have bought players like engels sanson nakamba trez aeg who none went or will go for for big fees.

Barring cash kamara and martinez who else could we likely sell for profit that we brought? You could probably add luiz too

• Like 2