January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve been thinking more and more about our team in February and there are a lot of decisions to make…

Personally, id go with this….

————————Thuram————————
———————Félix———————————
Chukwueze———————————Bailey
———————Luiz——Kamara—————

Then bring Ramsey, Buendia and Coutinho on in the second half.

What a team! Pace, power and technical ability. 

37 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

to be honest Felix to Villa would be up there with Tevez & Mascherano to West Ham or any Wolves transfer in the last 5 years in terms of being eyebrow raisingly dodgy sounding

Tevez & Mascherano deal was mad. That just come out the blue.

13 hours ago, TRO said:

Fine.......but exceptions can always be found.

If you have a striker that scores a goal every other game consistently, the Ross McCormacks become an exception.

also he scored his goals mainly in the championship, and still scored roughly at the same rate as Ollie and Danny, only really failed with us...so I don't know what to glean from that.

Back on Topic.....anyway, I suspect UE will come up with a suitable addition.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I do think it's a lot more complicated than just going on goals scored - there's a huge amount of context in football. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I understand that but the big elephant in the room though is the cost, we aren’t even in that league or even close.  

Yes we have incredibly rich owners but we have FFP considerations and our financials are not that of a club that can purchase a Felix. Unless his club took a massive loss on his fee that they paid, even greater than 50% and he took a reduction in wages, he’s well out of our league financially.  

This can’t be possibly a real option.

There are unofficial ways around the finances, as wolves has shown. Nas has the money, so it's not a problem to do this if he wants to.

Coutinho went from being worth 120m on 450k weekly wage to 17m and 125k..It can happen. Also who is to say that there wasn't some unofficial money going Coutinho's way to sweeten the deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve been thinking more and more about our team in February and there are a lot of decisions to make…

Personally, id go with this….

————————Thuram————————
———————Félix———————————
Chukwueze———————————Bailey
———————Luiz——Kamara—————

Then bring Ramsey, Buendia and Coutinho on in the second half.

Sanson will be smashing up the dugout if this happens. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

There are unofficial ways around the finances, as wolves has shown. Nas has the money, so it's not a problem to do this if he wants to.

Coutinho went from being worth 120m on 450k weekly wage to 17m and 125k..It can happen. Also who is to say that there wasn't some unofficial money going Coutinho's way to sweeten the deal. 

You’re not seriously comparing Coutinho to a 23 year old Joao Felix are you?  A Portuguese starter, an Atletico starter who has fell out with his manager.  

As for money, yeah sure NSWE have money but we are restricted because of limitations put on by FFP and I’m not sure what you mean by unofficial ways around the rules….that is untrue!  Yes some surprising deals for Wolves but not on the level of Felix plus the deals weren’t that good financially it’s more who they got than the cost of it, you only have to take Silva as an example in terms of cost.

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Manchester United lead transfer race for £86m Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix - Paper Round - Eurosport

This article links him to Man Utd with a price of £86m, I cannot see us getting anywhere near that price tag, unless it is some player exchange deal like Luiz or Martinez + £40m or something like that.

Why would he want to go Man United for. Villa can offer him more

Edited by messi11

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Manchester United lead transfer race for £86m Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix - Paper Round - Eurosport

This article links him to Man Utd with a price of £86m, I cannot see us getting anywhere near that price tag, unless it is some player exchange deal like Luiz or Martinez + £40m or something like that.

That article is just as speculative. I’ve seen articles today claiming Atletico will only sell for 140m euros. Nobody knows. 

24 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That article is just as speculative. I’ve seen articles today claiming Atletico will only sell for 140m euros. Nobody knows. 

I think 80-90m is a realistic figure, which is only going to decrease as his contract runs down, there is no way someone will pay 140m for him, especially since he wants to leave.

Atletico will have to take a hit on him, they massively overpaid for him in 2019.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Digne
Luiz - Kamara
Bailey - Buendia - Joao Felix
Thuram

This team finishes in European places THIS season, and I can't be convinced otherwise.

So we only need two new players?

3 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Well the massive difference is Coutinho is 30 and has had some bad injury issues. Felix is 23 and still has yet to reach his peak, theoretically.

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I do think it's a lot more complicated than just going on goals scored - there's a huge amount of context in football. 

Sure.

I am not opposed to The Joao Felix interest, but too many tricky players, spook me a bit, on the basis of easy to negate.....I have never studied his play, so can't really comment.

but I would like another powerful midfielder, as an example, who would have thought a midfield 3 of Rice-Bellingham and Henderson, would have proved so successful in the last round.

Most would say before the game, lack of creativity, but it wasn't to be.

I would love to sign a Bellingham type.....a commanding Authority in the middle.