January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Felix coming here just ain't happening. 

1. He will have Champions League clubs in for him

2. Surely he'd be mega expensive

3. Why would he be interested? 

Could maybe at best (and it's a big stretch) see a loan move so he can put himself in the shop window in the Premier League. 

Whenever I've seen him play I've always felt he's a bit lacking in pace. He might have Simeone makes you look worse than you are syndrome though (as in Simeone's Atletico, though successful, are dire to watch). 

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

They are totally totally incomparable in almost every way. 

Felix is a global star, a 130m euro player playing for one of the biggest sides in Europe and he’s 23. 

Not a chance in a month of Sundays. 

I’m not saying it’s gonna happen because it probably won’t. But we keep seeing these high reputation  players who join Premier League teams from abroad who traditionally they would never have a shot at. 

There must be a reason they’re willing to sell him too. He isn’t a global superstar, he hasn’t lived up to the hype at Atleti. For whatever reason.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Atletico CEO reliable enough for you?..

im not sure i would like the amount of money we would need to spunk on a player of his level.

not that i even believe we could get him, but regardless, lol 😜

Offer £40mill plus Cash & Couts or Martinez & £10mill… Anyway it’s pure fantasy in many ways but stranger things and all.. 

He could join us, become the superstar he’s threatened to be then in 18 months join Barca or Real etc. 

Edited by thabucks

On 05/12/2022 at 16:10, lexicon said:

Disagree. This is how you end up with Ross McCormack. With recruitment, I don't think there's a thing as being too diligent and it's absolutely crucial to sign players who will slot right into your system with minimal fuss rather than need to be heavily accommodated.

Fine.......but exceptions can always be found.

If you have a striker that scores a goal every other game consistently, the Ross McCormacks become an exception.

also he scored his goals mainly in the championship, and still scored roughly at the same rate as Ollie and Danny, only really failed with us...so I don't know what to glean from that.

Back on Topic.....anyway, I suspect UE will come up with a suitable addition.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Whenever I've seen him play I've always felt he's a bit lacking in pace. He might have Simeone makes you look worse than you are syndrome though (as in Simeone's Atletico, though successful, are dire to watch). 

Played brilliantly tonight. Simione and his anti-football holding him back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Did he cost over 100 million and still a young player.....

no.

Mate he’s only 25 now. He was 21 back then. 

I’m not saying it’s the same thing but you consider it was Wolves that he joined over the other teams that were after him, it tells you something about the influence agents have these days.

• Like 1

Reckon we’ve enquired about Cuhna and during talks Felix’s name has maybe casually come into the conversation… Cannot see him turning down the elite to join us but can see where the link may have arisen from… 

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

Mate he’s only 25 now. He was 21 back then. 

I’m not saying it’s the same thing but you consider it was Wolves that he joined over the other teams that were after him, it tells you something about the influence agents have these days.

19 and 23

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Did he cost over 100 million and still a young player.....

no.

He was 20 when Wolves signed him, and they signed a CL player when they were in the Championship. Definitely a dodgy deal financially.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Reckon we’ve enquired about Cuhna and during talks Felix’s name has maybe casually come into the conversation… Cannot see him turning down the elite to join us but can see where the link may have arisen from… 

Or the Cunha link came from Felix. People knew we were in conversations with atleti. They see Cunha as someone who is being sold and they make the leap. Then it's revealed that Cunha was going to wolves and atleti are selling Felix so they make the leap again with villa talking to atleti.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Offer £40mill plus Cash & Couts or Martinez & £10mill… Anyway it’s pure fantasy in many ways but stranger things and all.. 

He could join us, become the superstar he’s threatened to be then in 18 months join Barca or Real etc. 

why on earth would we get rid of a World Cup winning keeper? 

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Played brilliantly tonight. Simione and his anti-football holding him back.

and yet he scores more for Athletico, than Portugal........?