January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I like the look of Cho for Korea. Sounds like he's in the mould of what Unai is reportedly after in a striker.

Definitely. Looks a very promising player. Many many reasons we should be across players like this that won't cost much, but will grow our profile.

Celtic linked.

• Like 1

Can't believe how many people on here are off their rockers saying no to Grealish. Shouldn't be a conversation let alone a whole group of people suggesting we're above bringing back one of our best ever players 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skarroki said:

Can't believe how many people on here are off their rockers saying no to Grealish. Shouldn't be a conversation let alone a whole group of people suggesting we're above bringing back one of our best ever players 

We have moved on i dont want him back.

• Like 3

If Jack made his name in another club instead before he made his move to City, everyone would be all in for it. I’ve seen how this forum reacts whenever we get linked to a big name player. I saw it with Drinkwater, Barkley, Coutinho. People are all too willing to ignore their recent poor form, no way they would turn their nose up at a player who moved for 100 million pounds only 1 and a half years ago if he didn’t used to be one of ours.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If Jack made his name in another club instead before he made his move to City, everyone would be all in for it. I’ve seen how this forum reacts whenever we get linked to a big name player. I saw it with Drinkwater, Barkley, Coutinho. People are all too willing to ignore their recent poor form, no way they would turn their nose up at a player who moved for 100 million pounds only 1 and a half years ago if he didn’t used to be one of ours.

I agree because I never wanted these players at Villa either for the same reason you are stating

He is right to be thrown in that bracket. Barkley 1st season at Chelsea was better than Grealish at City for example

• Like 1

We just couldn't afford Grealish whatever actually happens with him. I'm sure Spurs would still want him. Chelsea might too. One of those seems a more sensible place for him to go. He's suit Spurs very well, countering at pace is where he's at his best. Getting ball and running with it. He perfectly doesn't suit City as they are the slowest in build up of all teams negating his best assets. This is why lots of teams who can afford Jack will want to buy him.  

Not sure I’d see Spurs as a viable option. How big a haircut are we expecting City to take? 

Spurs biggest transfer is a long long way from £100m. And he’s not exactly in the Conte mould. 

His price tag will mean there won’t be many suitors. I don’t think we can afford him. Unless his form improves I expect City to lose a fair bit more on him yet. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

But maybe all those other names you mentioned are good reasons to be cautious. And while it would be a much lower risk for Grealish, it would also be very expensive. Is he an Emery player? Not sure. I like that our management team have been trying to buy players with upside that can and probably have increase value - Cash, Dougie, Emi M good examples (too many  not so good examples as well), and I'd rather  they were trying to do this. 

And second spells don't  often work. Ashley Young, possibly  Steve  Staunton maybe exceptions that prove the rule

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I agree because I never wanted these players at Villa either for the same reason you are stating

He is right to be thrown in that bracket. Barkley 1st season at Chelsea was better than Grealish at City for example

Grealish 2021-22
Appearances - 26
Goals - 3
Assists - 3

Barkley - 2018-19
Appearances - 27
Goals - 3
Assists - 5

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Grealish 2021-22
Appearances - 26
Goals - 3
Assists - 3

Barkley - 2018-19
Appearances - 27
Goals - 3
Assists - 5

Looks better to me. Especially when you consider Jack is actually an attacking forward whereas Barkley was signed as a box to box midfielder.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looks better to me. Especially when you consider Jack is actually an attacking forward whereas Barkley was signed as a box to box midfielder.

Barkley's ability wasn't the issue, it was his attitude.