January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Mitoma is quality for japan (running Germany ragged), 3m Brighton paid for him.

watch someone pay big bucks for trossard, and Brighton just slot Mitoma in his place.

Cue silly money for Mitoma in 1-3 years.

• Like 1

Wish we had bought Mitoma for 3m, but....

Kamada's contract end this summer, he is a very good player and would be a huge marketing coup, we should go for him in Jan for a knock down price, said we should go for him last year also 😭

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, TRO said:

He's had one good season, which is his current one......just saying, we need to be careful.

To be fair to Thuram he’s played out wide most of his career, similar to Watkins and has only recently (this season) been used as an out and out striker. 

Every transfer is a risk but IMHO I think he’d do well for us. 

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Kamada's contract end this summer, he is a very good player and would be a huge marketing coup, we should go for him in Jan for a knock down price, said we should go for him last year also 😭

Yes please. I've been a long time admirer of Kamada.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I would love it if we signed Kamada. Such a player. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, burchy said:

To be fair to Thuram he’s played out wide most of his career, similar to Watkins and has only recently (this season) been used as an out and out striker. 

Every transfer is a risk but IMHO I think he’d do well for us. 

Oh ok.

I have seen us linked with Canada’s Jonathon David. Watching Canada v Belgium and He has just missed an absolute sitter, so it looks like he would fit in well here. 😄

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I have seen us linked with Canada’s Jonathon David. Watching Canada v Belgium and He has just missed an absolute sitter, so it looks like he would fit in well here. 😄

Hazard is actually playing okay. Maybe he’d be half decent here under Emery if kept fit.

7 hours ago, messi11 said:

Aston Villa's Yeremy Pino on the bench for Spain

1 shots per game and 0.6 key passes 0.2 crosses per game this season. 

If this was Championship player with double those stats people would rightly question is he the goods

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have to admit, the wizardry of Emery is baffling me a little and causing me to second guess what players we’ll go after. I think a balling CB is a given, although I do like N’Dicka at Frankfurt. Unfortunately he’s not known for his ball playing ability. 

The forward line is the area for me where initially I was thinking LW a priority but I’m not sure any more. I was originally thinking Bailey RW, New striker and Gakpo LW but I don’t think Emery will go for this. 

Perhaps Emery sees something in Pino that would suit how he wants us to play, I have no idea. 

It’ll be fun watching him build ‘his’ Villa though, whoever we end up getting in. 

14 minutes ago, burchy said:

I have to admit, the wizardry of Emery is baffling me a little and causing me to second guess what players we’ll go after. I think a balling CB is a given, although I do like N’Dicka at Frankfurt. Unfortunately he’s not known for his ball playing ability. 

The forward line is the area for me where initially I was thinking LW a priority but I’m not sure any more. I was originally thinking Bailey RW, New striker and Gakpo LW but I don’t think Emery will go for this. 

Perhaps Emery sees something in Pino that would suit how he wants us to play, I have no idea. 

It’ll be fun watching him build ‘his’ Villa though, whoever we end up getting in. 

i could be totally wrong, but....

Emery seems to like to play controlled and possession football building from the back, mainly between the CBs, MCs and full backs, (currently Mings, Konsa, Kamara, Luiz/Dendoncker - not inc the full backs), on that basis i can see Carlos coming straight back in when fit and a new CD being purchased to allow us to play out from the back, to create a square of Carlos, new CB, Kamara & Luiz or Dendoncker.

Emery likes one wide player to cut in to the midfield and be creative etc, thats clearly Buendia.

He seems to like his other wide player to be a fast-ish, progressive type player, so i think we will buy a winger/wide player/inside forward type (like a Sarr or a Zaha type).

I think he will want a striker, to go with Bailey and rapid wide player, as Emery very much likes to play on the counter when needed.

last on the list is a RB, as for all Cash's strengths, he has some weaknesses on the ball, at least in my opinion, so maybe an outside chance of a RB.

So, in review, i think we will go for:

• CB to partner Carlos who can play ball (like a Pau Torres type)
  • wide player (Sarr/Zaha type), i dont think it matters which side, as Buendia can play either side and cut in to midfield from that side, so i imagine it will be the best possible wide left or right player we can get, and Buendia play in from the other side.
  • Striker - someone also fairly rapid, but able to finish consistently (might not be rapid, dunno)......cant think who we might remotely be interested in?

something like this defensively (take the new players with a pinch of salt ofc):

image.png.ce0c537305ca35c85e5606e9627570fe.png

but something like this in attack:

image.png.95b29efe82b82f22b4cda2ba209929fd.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2