January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

How about Nico Williams, Pau Torres, Juan Foyth and a striker who I have no idea of? Somebody who hasn't become obviously amazing yet but will score shitloads of goals, is quick and powerful and can finish.
Out goes McGinn, Nakamba, Ings, Guilbert, for starters.

Adam Hlozek. Only 20 but is big, strong, fast and has a cannon for a right foot. Currently at Bayern Leverkusen. He’s quite versatile as he’s played LW, SS, CF and RW. This season started for them at LW but has moved over to central forward where he’s gotten his goal and assists.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Adam Hlozek. Only 20 but is big, strong, fast and has a cannon for a right foot. Currently at Bayern Leverkusen. He’s quite versatile as he’s played LW, SS, CF and RW. This season started for them at LW but has moved over to central forward where he’s gotten his goal and assists.

Doesn't seem to score very often?

Was having a look at some potentials and N’Dicka and Marcus Thuram’s contracts expire June 2023 so some cheaper options there. Thurams stats as a CF are decent and he’s a proper unit and pretty rapid. 

I’d go for a different type of RW, someone Buendiaesque. I’ve suggested Rayan Cherki before now as he’d offer something different to Bailey. 

LW I’d like Gakpo, would cost a bit but think he’d light up the league. 

10 minutes ago, burchy said:

Was having a look at some potentials and N’Dicka and Marcus Thuram’s contracts expire June 2023 so some cheaper options there. Thurams stats as a CF are decent and he’s a proper unit and pretty rapid. 

I’d go for a different type of RW, someone Buendiaesque. I’ve suggested Rayan Cherki before now as he’d offer something different to Bailey. 

LW I’d like Gakpo, would cost a bit but think he’d light up the league. 

Isn’t Thurman going to Bayern Munich at the end of the season. I know not legally allowed to formalise but I thought all the rumours was that he’s going there?

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Doesn't seem to score very often?

Because he’s behind a lot of older players like Schick. If you look at his stats he’s mostly played partial games. Only recent has he played more then 70 minutes. This kid is one to watch for the future though.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Isn’t Thurman going to Bayern Munich at the end of the season. I know not legally allowed to formalise but I thought all the rumours was that he’s going there?

Oh bugger if that’s true, thought he’d be good for us as he’s basically and bigger version of Watkins but with more goals. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

Torres is on a reported £145k a week so not sure he’s an option. His deal is up in 2024 so perhaps they’d be tempted to cash in. 

Wasn't he linked with some big clubs.  Can't see him going to a non-CL club.

Torres would not be a sensible signing.

Until the side shows they can defend corners without Mings, he simply cannot be replaced. Torres is not an aerially dominant CB, as good as he is on the ball.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Suddenly we seem stacked in central midfield, I think we only really need a class winger as a priority in January.  If the right striker is avaliable then great but it's rare to find them in the summer let alone winter.

Its why any talk of a rebuild in the summer was absurd

• Like 1