Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

We have to better Spurs' results but I think that's too high an ask. Most I can see us getting is 3 points (from Brighton) whereas they've got Brentford at home and Leeds away, which they should be able to get 3/4 points from.

Just now, Villa87 said:

Think it might be over! Always thought our best chance was taking it to a final game showdown against Brighton. 

Yeah same. There's a slim chance Brentford get a point off Spurs and take it to the last day. 

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We have to better Spurs' results but I think that's too high an ask. Most I can see us getting is 3 points (from Brighton) whereas they've got Brentford at home and Leeds away, which they should be able to get 3/4 points from.

Brentford looking good though and we’ve seen that Spurs weren’t much yesterday, especially first half. Who knows.

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That was the case last week, we need to beat Wolves as Spurs beat Palace

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Surely Brentford can still overtake us as well, there game against Spurs isn’t helpful either way for us

Nah they have City as well.  They aren’t finishing above us.

I guess it's a bit more unlikely because of who they have last game but if Brentford can beat Spurs next week and expecting us to get nothing from Liverpool, they're very much involved in the last day battle for 7th. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nah they have City as well.  They aren’t finishing above us.

City could have already won the league and rest players for champs league final, lots of if buts and maybe I appreciate but  they could still finish higher than us which would be annoying 

• Like 1

On 12/05/2023 at 14:59, duke313 said:

Even though we will likely lose at Liverpool, are you certain Spurs will beat Brentford that same weekend?  

They won't need to. Lose at Liverpool and Spurs will only need to win a maximum of 1 of their 2 games to finish above us.

brighton completely outplaying them. Fair play, we'll just have to better Spurs. Need a little help from Brentford though I suspect. Arsenal absolutely abysmal, biggest bottlers since Newcastle in 96 or Liverpool with slippy G.

19 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Depends if they turn up at VP. They got battered by Everton last week remember. 

Hardly all-conquering.

You could say the same about any team in the league. They had an off day but that doesn't mean anything. We just lost back to back games ourselves.

30 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Brighton are just very good.

Arsenal have been poor but you have to tip your hat to them. 25 odd years ago they nearly went out of the league. It is this sort of story the reason why the Superleague was a horrific idea and should never come into pratice.

• Like 1