Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Formula is very simple now. Beat Brighton on final day and they'd need two points from Newcastle and Arsenal away and Man. City at home to finish above us.

I wouldn't rule us out of getting something v Liverpool. They've won six in a row but have edged four of those games and their general performances haven't been that amazing so deny them space and we'll get chances on the break for sure.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not even thinking about Brighton in honesty.

It's a shame we couldn't overturn the goal difference today.

We have to better Tottenhams results in the next two.

We should be thinking about Brighton. Arsenal could easily knock 2-3 past them tomorrow and Man. City the same. They'll struggle to get draws from those two. Newcastle away is a bit more open as Newcastle don't score as much and it will be tight. Win today means we can afford a draw in that.

Spurs beat Brentford and we lose at Anfield and it will become very difficult to finish above them, could've done with that two goal margin win but just happy with three points.

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Yes but tomorrow they are away at Arsenal and then Thursday they are away at Newcastle (which is a very long way away.)

Then they have Southampton and away to Man City all in 5 days.

And no solly march

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Liverscum have a shite midfield but their attackers are very good. I think we can beat them. But VAR.

We aint getting nothin at anfield so its going to be like today but with 50k hooligans too added to the refs and linesmen 

2 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Just like VAR didn’t allow us to beat Tottenham,.

They tried pretty damn hard did they not?

Also, Liverpool are pretty well known for getting dodgy VAR calls more than any team other than United.