Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

I have absolutely no doubt that we will not beat both Brighton and Spurs, whilst Brighton lose those 3 games.

That's just wishful thinking.

Which you are entitled to do of course. :)

Well we won both away games and have a far better record v Brighton since coming up than v likes of West Ham and Wolves.

I agree we've gone flat but we at least go back to 7 days between the fixtures now. Brighton will expand plenty of energy playing Newcastle and Man. City in respective midweeks which will impact on their next fixture when you look at this game compared to how they generally played v Man. United.

It's not like we have to win the last three and run up a cricket score in one of those wins so the situation is more than remote anyway.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

If they get one point from those 3 games, and then beat us, that's 5 points ahead.

Assuming we beat Spurs and they beat Southampton. They would finish 5 ahead.

To get into europe we have to beat them on final day so just have to assume that's theoretical points in the bag and then work around the other games.

Genuinely impressed if anyone can come up with a set of realistic results where we lose to them on final day and still finish above them as that's very very unlikely.

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

If they get one point from those 3 games, and then beat us, that's 5 points ahead.

Assuming we beat Spurs and they beat Southampton. They would finish 5 ahead.

Yeah you’re right, I keep forgetting the Saints game.  They really have so many games to play over everybody else that I forgot that.  Sorry!

Edit: so in that scenario it will be a last day shoot out.  If they beat us, that’s 5 points ahead, we win we are 1 point ahead. Hmmm, it would then be in our hands to win or lose.

Edited by nick76

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Well, good. I'm not. Am I grateful that we're not in a scrap for 17th? Yes. Am I grateful that Emery is here? Yes.

I'm just a fickle, unstable supporter whose happiness is totally Villa-situational and filled with "recency bias." I live among the knuckle-draggers and louts, but they won't have me either because they never do. This week, I'm not happy. But I'm glad for supporters like you -- "no cap."

At least you’re honest.

Just now, nick76 said:

and a key injury to Solly March.  That could be him out for the rest of the season if it is a hammie 

Weirdly he looks okay as soon as the game has started again.

On 05/05/2023 at 01:00, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah if you just assume that Brighton are suddenly going to lose 3 of their next 5. You can make anything seem plausible if you just ignore the stats.

Brighton are a great side and are very hard to beat. Since they slipped up at Forest they've won 6-0 in one game and beaten Man United in the other. 

But now they are going to suddenly drop into bottom 6 form? 

Ok....

I do assume this 🤪

16 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

If we beat Spurs on Saturday, we're guaranteed to go into the last game of the season with a shot at Europe. 

Our form have been awful the last few weeks. Hopefully with players back from injuries we can turn it around.

If we win our two homes games, that would get us 60 points, and that alone would be a very successful season, Europe or not. 

• Like 1

One at a time. Need to put all of these other ones behind us. VP rocking and a win over Spurs has us in the driver’s seat. 

Shithouse a point over Liverpool and then blow the doors off an exhausted Brighton on the last day. 

• Like 1