Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Higher risk, but better reward.

Also we are assuming they will be at the beach, they may feel free of the pressure and want to finish the season well and teams with nothing to play for could just be as hard as being easy.  We need to leave all options open so Southampton win please.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

meaning Leeds still need to beat Tottenham to be safe.

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

West ham v leeds. - leeds win, so leeds go all out to beat spurs next weekend.

**** Leeds.

Despite what happens today with Brighton, we need to win on Sunday no matter what or just match Brentford/Spurs results.

Obviously our dream scenario would be for Southampton to win today or even a draw.

Man City to win or draw on Wednesday and then it's game on for 6th..

If Brighton get anymore than 2pts in their next 2 games then yes, they might have a day off next Sunday but we would still have to match the scores of Spurs and Brentford regardless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

**** Leeds.

Despite what happens today with Brighton, we need to win on Sunday no matter what or just match Brentford/Spurs results.

Obviously our dream scenario would be for Southampton to win today or even a draw.

Man City to win or draw on Wednesday and then it's game on for 6th..

If Brighton get anymore than 2pts in their next 2 games then yes, they might have a day off next Sunday but we would still have to match the scores of Spurs and Brentford regardless.

I see no reason why we wouldn’t, we’ve won the last 6 homes game’s conceding only 1 goal which was a penalty won by a well known diving cheat.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

We can perish the thought of MON in Moscow once and for all and go win the damn thing.

Lucky for MON none of us had a time machine. If supporters knew that it would be over 10 years before we played in Europe again, I don't think he would have got out off villa park alive after throwing it away like he did. 

15 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Lucky for MON none of us had a time machine. If supporters knew that it would be over 10 years before we played in Europe again, I don't think he would have got out off villa park alive after throwing it away like he did. 

We played in Europe for 2 seasons after that defeat in Moscow.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Higher risk, but better reward.

Marginal IMO - I don't see a huge difference in prestige level between Conference/League - nowhere near like the gap between them and the CL. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Marginal IMO - I don't see a huge difference in prestige level between Conference/League - nowhere near like the gap between them and the CL. 

While the Europa League might be somewhat off the CL, it’s is a good bit more prestigious than the Conference. The UEFA Cup was started over 50 years ago.