Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

All in our hands. Brighton won't be easy but we know exactly what we need to do, just need to win with a huge crowd behind us, and this great club is finally back in Europe again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

All in our hands. Brighton won't be easy but we know exactly what we need to do, just need to win with a huge crowd behind us, and this great club is finally back in Europe again.

100% - it being in our hands is all we could have asked or hoped for going into the last game. Amazing first season from Emery. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Dunno what is more preferable, Brighton losing the next two so top 6 is achievable but makes final game harder or Brighton win one of the next two potentially making final game easier!

We go for gold surely. The Europa League would be fantastic. The conference much much less so. 

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

We go for gold surely. The Europa League would be fantastic. The conference much much less so. 

But we would probably be favourites to win the conference, which is guaranteed Europa League spot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

Dunno what is more preferable, Brighton losing the next two so top 6 is achievable but makes final game harder or Brighton win one of the next two potentially making final game easier!

I'm a bit bemused why so many are getting in a state that it's a big disaster if we don't finish 6th now.

People do realise if Spurs had just held on to the 1-0 they'd have been big favourites for 7th regardless of what we did.

It's now there for us and personally I'm very happy with any form of european football so I'd much rather Brighton pitched up at VP with 6th all done and not caring one bit and playing with very little intensity.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

I'd rather be in Europa than Conference league, think our trajectory could sky rocket if we did, but don't mind conference either

CL is the big game changer really for us in the long run as was the case 15 years ago.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think i would rather be in conference because i truly believe we could win that competition with emery

Haven't really been thinking bout Europa League, don't we are not strong enough just yet. Conference has always been my aim, an I think we are about there.

Worst case is we need to beat Brighton, they are done for 6th flip flops on, but still play a hard game and beat us, just no need, I will hate them for eternity!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Emery is a miles better manager than Smith, just admit it. 

Who wouldn’t admit that? I’d probably suck Deano off if he really wanted me to but Emery is 10 times the manager.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, supermon said:

If Brighton lose their next two - they will have lost 4 of their last 5, 5 of their last 7.  They'll be doing well to pick themselves up from that - especially if City spank them.

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Yes, I'm getting hard already thinking of the showpiece final in that 20k capacity stadium! 

Final is in Athens, 32k seater stadium

But imagine how many thousands of villa would travel for the occasion and take over the city

• Like 4

Whatever happens on the last day - we are in a much, much better position to sell the project to players and agents than we've been for a long time.  Even if we miss out on Europe we can still point to the fact that for 24 matches (?) we've been in the top 3 or 4 in the league in terms of form.  That absolutely backs up what we are trying to sell.  Obviously qualifying for either of the 2 European competitions makes it that little bit easier to get potential deals over the line.  But I don't think we should under-estimate the pull that Emery has, the money that I think we will be spending and the fact that we have a good contingent of Spanish / Portuguese speaking players already at the club which will make it easier for our summer signings to settle in (and a pretty good bunch of English speaking players for anyone we are signing closer to home).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Final is in Athens, 32k seater stadium

But imagine how many thousands of villa would travel for the occasion and take over the city

Better than the Eden Arena but still a pathetic venue for a European final. 

Edited by Made In Aston