Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Not impossible but extremely unlikely we play any part in Europe now. 

Brighton will wrap up 6th and deservedly so and I just cant see us bettering Spurs and the PL officials results.

Edited by troon_villan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Not impossible but extremely unlikely we play any part in Europe now. 

Brighton will wrap up 6th and deservedly so and I just cant see us bettering Spurs and the PL officials results.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs don't win either of last 2 games

• Like 1

It's the Liverpool game I'm concerned about. I was hoping leicester might ger something tonight so top 4 would be almost gone for them. Now they will be really up for our game 

Newcastle will be getting worried now so they need to beat Brighton on Thursday, which would make it slightly more interesting again. Then they'll host a Southampton side with a weight off their shoulders, it's a weight off their shoulders, with players putting themselves in the shop window to get a PL move for next season. City is still City even if it's the 2nd team and the title is won, but hopefully somehow it won't be.

And no I don't want to hear that we won't catch Brighton -- we can until we can't.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

We haven’t lose to Liverpool yet, Brighton didn’t win against Southampton, Tottenham didn’t win against Brentford. Surely it’s likely we’ll lose and Brighton will win, but it’s still not a given. Hopefully the gameweek begin with a Spurs lose so it gives us a space while watching us against Liverpool.

Ofcourse Newcastle has to beat Brighton which isn’t a given aswell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

So we will finish somewhere between 6 and  11  Not bad considering our Gerrard handicap.  

Top 10 is secured for the first time in 10 years which most said they would be happy to see at the start of the season.   It’s been a good season and the feel good factor is back again.

We can’t control the performances of the other teams, but we can still get a point or win at Liverpool and the 3 points against Brighton.

Still a lot to play for for the Villa.

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Until we see Brighton put those points on the board against Newcastle and City, I still have hope for 6th. And if they do, fair play to them. 7th it is then.

Can you ship some of whatever you’re drinking to Minnesota?

16 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

We can’t control the performances of the other teams, but we can still get a point or win at Liverpool and the 3 points against Brighton.

Still a lot to play for for the Villa.

Which may not be enough if Spurs get two wins.

50 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Which may not be enough if Spurs get two wins.

As I said, we can’t control what other teams do, only what we do.

And at the end of 90min after the Brighton game, we will know whether what we have done will be good enough to get us into Europe.

14 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

As I said, we can’t control what other teams do, only what we do.

And at the end of 90min after the Brighton game, we will know whether what we have done will be good enough to get us into Europe.

I know that, but you made it sound like all we need is 4 points and we’re in Europe.

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Until we see Brighton put those points on the board against Newcastle and City, I still have hope for 6th. And if they do, fair play to them. 7th it is then.

Even if they lose those and and lose to us we need to beat Liverpool and them to get above them. Top 6 is 100% gone.

7th is there, if Spurs win we need a point at least form Liverpool or it's really over.

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

It's the Liverpool game I'm concerned about. I was hoping leicester might ger something tonight so top 4 would be almost gone for them. Now they will be really up for our game 

Well flip side to that is Brighton could be locked in 6th and no chance of 5th or 7th come last game of the season so they would have literally nothing to play for and have had a crazy run of fixtures this month. Nobody would begrudge them to drop a level for the game or for some fringe players to get some game time. 

For me it's really down to Brentford getting a point from Spurs, we'll lose to Liverpool their home record is immense. It's then down to final day and Leeds at home needing to win to stay up against a Spurs side in terrible form who probably do not want to come 7th and would rather 8th. 

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I know that, but you made it sound like all we need is 4 points and we’re in Europe.

No, I said we could get 4-6 points and it may or may not be enough. We can only control our performances.

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

They will be, however, Newcastle have to play Brighton & Leicester in the space of 5 days then Chelsea last. - They can afford to lose one of these games and still be fine.

Man Utd play Bournmouth and Fulham and so I can't see either dropping top 4 positions.

9 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Newcastle will be getting worried now so they need to beat Brighton on Thursday, which would make it slightly more interesting again. Then they'll host a Southampton side with a weight off their shoulders, it's a weight off their shoulders, with players putting themselves in the shop window to get a PL move for next season. City is still City even if it's the 2nd team and the title is won, but hopefully somehow it won't be.

And no I don't want to hear that we won't catch Brighton -- we can until we can't.

Is Brighton Southampton somewhat of a local derby as well?