Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Southampton isn't actually a game in hand, it's their final home game.

Their games rescheduled are Man. United and Man. City at home and Newcastle away which they've lost from various cup weekends.

I was replying to the poster who said it was one of their games in hand. Not that it matters which way they play the games of course.

35 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I was replying to the poster who said it was one of their games in hand. Not that it matters which way they play the games of course.

I could've left out Soton I thought Toon away and City at home made the point well enough after losing to Forest 

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I could've left out Soton I thought Toon away and City at home made the point well enough after losing to Forest 

But as you mentioned Southampton  I replied to that as I think they will beat them.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

It does matter the earlier you play the relegation candidates the more they have to play for.

for example whoever plays Southampton on the last day will have an easy game….. they will already be relegated 

• Like 1

Just now, paul514 said:

It does matter the earlier you play the relegation candidates the more they have to play for.

for example whoever plays Southampton on the last day will have an easy game….. they will already be relegated 

I agree but that's not what I meant. I meant it doesn't matter if they were a game in hand or not. 

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Ha. That's about as good a game in hand as you could possibly wish for. 

Southampton are absolutely dreadful and there's a good reason they are fighting for survival.

Dreadful, but managed to get a point at Arsenal.

Brighton proved last night that points on the board is better than games in hand.

• Like 4

Looks like we need united to thrash spurs and then be terrible against us...

Forest result is a big one for us. Put some doubt in Brighton's minds before their tough games in hand. Liverpool keep winning though.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Typically its Liverpool 😠

Expecting Emery to put on another tactical masterclass against Red Scouse.  Liverpool fans act like TAA is the new Pirlo and Klopp is a tactical genius because TAA drops into a central midfield role.   Sooooooo much room behind them on their right side and Moreno should have a field day against them.  Konate also pushes forward to help cover TAA, exposing their backline even more. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, duke313 said:

Yes, but you have to win either the Champions League, the Europa League or Europa Conference.

If that happens, would we be in the Europa or conference league?

Bookies still pricing us at about an 18-20% chance of Top 6. 

They've Brighton at 56% chance of top 6 and Spurs at about 51% chance. 

Need United to get at least a point off Spurs tonight

8th is in the bag now and we would all have been happy with that a few weeks ago.

6th or 7th is within reach, but we need to get wins against Spurs and Brighton to clinch that or pick up points at Old Trafford or Anfield, which wouldn't be easy, but is not quite the same daunting prospect, as it would have been at the start of the season. Wolves is a banana skin, they would really love to burst our bubble. We need a result there and preferably a win.

For me, 60 points might just be enough and every point above that makes European qualification more likely, and brings a Europa League place, rather than the Conference League spot into play. I've had yet another go at the predictor this morning and had us getting 61 points and sixth place. It is so nice to have us still in the race for Europe at this late stage of the season, I think and I hope🤞, that we can finish the job. Whatever happens, it has been great stuff since UE took over and things can get even better next season. 👍

• Like 1

If most of our games are on Sunday, and I have to tell my wife I am not visiting the in-laws on a Sunday afternoon and I get a divorce, will the Spurs players pay back my divorce costs? 

5 minutes ago, John said:

8th is in the bag now and we would all have been happy with that a few weeks ago.

6th or 7th is within reach, but we need to get wins against Spurs and Brighton to clinch that or pick up points at Old Trafford or Anfield, which wouldn't be easy, but is not quite the same daunting prospect, as it would have been at the start of the season. Wolves is a banana skin, they would really love to burst our bubble. We need a result there and preferably a win.

For me, 60 points might just be enough and every point above that makes European qualification more likely, and brings a Europa League place, rather than the Conference League spot into play. I've had yet another go at the predictor this morning and had us getting 61 points and sixth place. It is so nice to have us still in the race for Europe at this late stage of the season, I think and I hope🤞, that we can finish the job. Whatever happens, it has been great stuff since UE took over and things can get even better next season. 👍

60+ will be enough, Spurs and Brighton won’t get to 60.

• Like 1

I think 62 should be our target for points next season. Emery is averaging 2.1 ppg which equates to 80 points in a season. 

So when we think about our Emery form we've had 13W 3D and 4L in 20 games (which isn't sustainable and we've over performed in this period). 

So if our aim is 62 points in a season we'd expect to get 10 points less in the 20 games we've just had. 

So 9W 5D and 6L would be the form for 62 point season.