Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Yea that’s correct.

In that case I’d rather Brighton lose today, have one less game and then hopefully it’s down to us winning against Brighton last game of the season as the it’s in our own hands hopefully if points close enough.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yes, I’m fine with conference. Better than finishing 8th.

Only if Brighton finish 8th.

Oh I agree but it will be gutting finishing 6th and not getting Europa was my point.  Finishing 6th would be fantastic but being robbed Europa League after all that effort would be a bit unjust because Brighton take the place for winning fa cup

Edited by nick76

47 minutes ago, lainux said:

A draw would probably be a good result for us I think?

Yep; in a game between two rivals all you can hope for is just two points coming from the game rather than three. 

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We want United to win this tbh. 

Yes. There's no universe in which a United win can hurt us, whereas a Brighton win can. So for just one year, come on Utd. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We want United winning so we guarantee an extra place to LEague for Europa league

Yep I’m hoping for a RatFace worldie today.  The only time I’ll support these scum bags.

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I wouldn’t mind having to face Brighton with them having one eye on a cup final. So I guess I’mTeam **** it, roll the dice.

I get it…but how heartbreaking that we beat Brighton, we get 6th and they get 7th and then they beat City in the final and rob us of the Europa League place.

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I get it…but how heartbreaking that we beat Brighton, we get 6th and they get 7th and then they beat City in the final and rob us of the Europa League place.

Probably less heartbreaking than Brighton beating us on the last day of the season and we finish 8th?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hmmm…nah sod it.

DopeyFlashyHermitcrab-size_restricted.gi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Probably less heartbreaking than Brighton beating us on the last day of the season and we finish 8th?

I’d rather have it in our own hands.  If we don’t do enough then it’s on us.  

Getting sixth but losing the Europa League place would be more heartbreaking from an emotional point of view.  

From a logic/mathematical point of view I understand your point and agree all that matters is league position and lowering our risk in one game may be of benefit to us to that league placing.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Good call 

I don’t think anybody expected the first twenty mins, that was amazing.  I thought they’d beat them comfortably at home but that was something different.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’d rather have it in our own hands.  If we don’t do enough then it’s on us.  

Getting sixth but losing the Europa League place would be more heartbreaking from an emotional point of view.  

From a logic/mathematical point of view I understand your point and agree all that matters is league position and lowering our risk in one game may be of benefit to us to that league placing.

After the start we made I'll be fairly satisfied with 8th, disappointed but satisfied. If we get any form of European football then that's great but our squad isn't ready at the moment, would need quite a few signings in the summer. 

Looking at what fixtures we have left there's only Manu and Liverplop that I'm remotely worried about and neither of them are great at the moment. 

• Like 1