Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Tonight is a massive game for us tbh. 6 points this week and the chase will be on imo. We'll also have a shitload of confidence going into the final run in against teams we can 100% beat if we are on it.  

TBH i'm more confident we can get results off teams like United, Spurs etc, we seem to be better when we are not expected to win.  It's games like this where we are favorite were we usually slip up.  Once things is for certain, Emery will be itching to correct that 4-2 loss.

2 hours ago, rubberman said:

5th?  Nine points behind, worse GD and Man U have a game in hand. Plus they play Brentford tonight who we can catch, so need them to at least draw or win. I love what we're doing, but 5th ain't going to happen - sorry to piss on your chips.

You can assume Man Utd finish 3rd and Newcastle finish 4th.  

Spurs are 9 points ahead, but have played 1 game more. If we win tonight against Leicester, we'll only be 6 points behind having played the same number of games. We also still have to play them at home. That's catchable for 5th place. 

Yes, it's unlikely, but more possible than catching Man Utd who should finish 3rd.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, duke313 said:

TBH i'm more confident we can get results off teams like United, Spurs etc, we seem to be better when we are not expected to win.  It's games like this where we are favorite were we usually slip up.  Once things is for certain, Emery will be itching to correct that 4-2 loss.

I do too, which is why tonight is a massive game. It's going to be a good indicator on whether or not we are serious contenders for 7th during the run in imo. Revenge for our loss at home but also whether or not we now have the intelligence and composure to go and win when it really matters against a team in turmoil. That's why I think 6 points this week and it could be a real possibility. 

I'm in no doubt next season with a couple of top draw additions and continual individual improvement we will break the top 6/7. We wouldn't have even dreamed that could be achievable the last 2 seasons but Emery has completely turned that around. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Mitrovic banned for 8 games, misses the game vs us. That’ll be Fulham’s season fizzing out, we should comfortably finish above them.

Yep, this is massive for us.

• Like 1

watching chelsea liverpool tonight, these guys are shite. spurs, newcastle, man united brighton,  those are our rivals. 

We're in the mix definitely for a top 7 fight. More than that, not inconceivable at all.... :o 

• Like 1

momentum really is with us. 

forest, newcastle at home, then brentford away then fulham at home before united at end of month. Big opportunities. forest are struggling, newcastle will be tough, and is the one game I want us to **** clearing in the woods the opponents, but the way we're going... 4 wins and a draw from that lot not impossible. 

Both different games but we can win our next two for sure.

60 points is a very realistic points total for this season now. I'd have been happy with 55 points but I think we can win five more given what we're doing back to front.

Whether it's good enough for top 6 I don't know but we'd have a serious chance. Only negative is our GD is still miles off pretty much all of the teams above us despite having results like 4-0 over Brentford.

1 minute ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Think there’s a typo in this thread. Should it read top 4, not 7?

Let's see for tomorrow.

We really really really need West Ham to do their usual sit in and bore Newcastle to a 1-1 draw.