Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

39 minutes ago, AXD said:

Anderlecht are supposedly interested as well. Lesser league than Las Palmas and I would guess neither can afford his wages. But it’s his boyhood club, So sentimentality comes into play (maybe)

Surely he'd be willing to sacrifice 75% of his wages to live that dream

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Kamara, Digne and jury's still out on Carlos but we'll never know how good he'd have been without injury. About the only hits from that period.

Carlos is crap and cost too much, Digne does the bare minimum for someone getting paid millions per week, and Kamara was probably nothing to do with Gerrard. That shitstain did nothing positive for this club, I refuse to believe it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Carlos is crap and cost too much, Digne does the bare minimum for someone getting paid millions per week, and Kamara was probably nothing to do with Gerrard. That shitstain did nothing positive for this club, I refuse to believe it.

To be fair, Gerrard came to Villa to show his shite brand of football, whilst blaming the players for everything, at exactly the right time to put us in the best position to bring in Emery.

That’s the only bit of credit I will give that dickhead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

To be fair, Gerrard came to Villa to show his shite brand of football, whilst blaming the players for everything, at exactly the right time to put us in the best position to bring in Emery.

That’s the only bit of credit I will give that dickhead.

Kamara said himself that Gerrard coming and speaking to him at his home was one of the persuading factors of him coming here. Apparently sold him a vision of replicating Gerrard's performances in the PL.

But he also brought us Donk and plenty of other disasters and would have relegated us if left to his own devices. Kamara is the second and last bright spark of his tenure. Being just bad enough to last exactly long as was needed to get Emery the brightest though agreed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Carlos isn't crap. That's just pure nonsense. Started half the games in PL for us last season and was motm in both Arsenal games. 

There are multiple factors in why we need Carlos to leave. Firstly he's very expensive and 31yo. We have also changed our play to just 2 CBs and Konsa is preferred. Carlos isn't versatile position wise. So he is just out backup RCB now. 

None of the reasons are because he's shit. He's clearly not shit. 

You can say that again

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Kamara said himself that Gerrard coming and speaking to him at his home was one of the persuading factors of him coming here. Apparently sold him a vision of replicating Gerrard's performances in the PL.

Of course he did. He's not gonna say "I came here as he offered me £150k per week which nobody else was willing to match"

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Of course he did. He's not gonna say "I came here as he offered me £150k per week which nobody else was willing to match"

We definitely paid more than others were probably willing to, but I don't doubt he'd have gone elsewhere if he wasn't also convinced that he'd have a path to greatness here.

The fact that path is now realistic, rather than snake oil, is probably a reason why we might keep him beyond what we would have if Gerrard was still around. His injuries have helped on that front too.

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Carlos isn't crap. That's just pure nonsense. Started half the games in PL for us last season and was motm in both Arsenal games. 

There are multiple factors in why we need Carlos to leave. Firstly he's very expensive and 31yo. We have also changed our play to just 2 CBs and Konsa is preferred. Carlos isn't versatile position wise. So he is just out backup RCB now. 

Carlos has been slow to show his worth due to his horrible injury. I doubt he is anywhere near the level he was before the injury & may never be. He is a decent player who just hasn't been able to show his 100% at Villa on a consistent basis. But he is not as bad as some make out. 

I agree 100% that he is most likely being moved out due to his age & it looks like we want a more versatile player as cover & competition.

I think we even attempted to use Carlos at RB at some point, but he just isn't that player.

So personally, I will wish him well when he leaves.

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He is a bit shit tbf.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

After Gerrard got sacked Bouba was one of the few players to thank him, tagging him with a heart emoji on Instagram. He clearly liked the bloke. He was a factor in him joining us. 

• Like 3

It's irritating that we can't get rid of a player that Emery obviously doesn't rate because we are paying him too much money thanks to the previous management 

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

It's irritating that we can't get rid of a player that Emery obviously doesn't rate because we are paying him too much money thanks to the previous management 

Imagine how United fans feel 😊 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â