Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

25 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

As said many times, much respect to Big Donk, he is a top class player who played for Belgium for many years when they were ranked no 1 in the world. He is a classic old style DM and among the best at that. What he is not good at is more intricate passing, especially not the play making role receiving the ball from the back. Hence his previous roles where he has played CB or destroyer DM. He simply does not fit an Emery team, or a modern passing based team. But that should not render disrespect against him or his ability. His reading of the game and positioning is among the best there is, he spots danger, is tall and strong and often wins the one on ones. Also seems a good professional. 

He has no future here, but respect to the Donk!

And now time for him to show that professionalism and accept a move away so we can bring in Geertruida!

I didn't see a lot of the threat sniffing that you allude to. And he often undid most of his good work winning the ball by immediately giving it away, which was little to do with the system.

I didn't rate him when we signed him,  and nothing I saw in his games for us changed that view. He had the odd good game, but they were very few and far between.

We also paid him way more than he was ever worth and his presence for a Belgium team that always flattered to deceive wasn't a reason for it either.

Hopefully we can find a club stupid enough to pay him enough that tempts him to leave for game time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I didn't see a lot of the threat sniffing that you allude to. And he often undid most of his good work winning the ball by immediately giving it away, which was little to do with the system.

I didn't rate him when we signed him,  and nothing I saw in his games for us changed that view. He had the odd good game, but they were very few and far between.

We also paid him way more than he was ever worth and his presence for a Belgium team that always flattered to deceive wasn't a reason for it either.

Hopefully we can find a club stupid enough to pay him enough that tempts him to leave for game time.

Agree with you that his performances for us have been below par and has looked rusty with misplaced passes etc, I think an explanation to that is that he hasn't got a run in the team (and rightly so), been on the bench or had some injuries, he has looked rusty almost every time he has played for us, which often is the case wiht players playing a bit part. This pre season though is the best I think I've seen him, albeit only a few games and against lower opposition.

Now when he hasn't played much for two years, lost his place in the Belgium team, had a underwhelming loan spell and getting towards 30, I think it's understandable that not many teams on a higher level are interested any more. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Those quickly executed and tightlipped deals we were pulling off that fans wildly celebrated at the time came at a cost. 

Not sure about wildly celebrating. I don't remember the reaction on here but in my personal life it was a resounding "why the hell have you got him and why the hell have you spent that much" 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Got some gems though! Bednarek, Dendoncker, Augustinsson, Coutinho, Chambers, Olsen 🔥🔥

I see you've cherry picked his gems, well played

Edited by osmark86
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Got some gems though! Bednarek, Dendoncker, Augustinsson, Coutinho, Chambers, Olsen 🔥🔥

Kamara, Digne and jury's still out on Carlos but we'll never know how good he'd have been without injury. About the only hits from that period.

You could excuse the poor transfer hit rate if we weren't giving them silly contracts. And we did all this for a guy who had 1 SPL title under his belt 😂

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I reckon we got a maximum of 8 moments of magic from that lot. Money well spent! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Kamara, Digne and jury's still out on Carlos but we'll never know how good he'd have been without injury. About the only hits from that period.

You could excuse the poor transfer hit rate if we weren't giving them silly contracts. And we did all this for a guy who had 1 SPL title under his belt 😂

Yeah I purposely forgot those ;)

Kamara was worth it tbf

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

Think that Leander could do better than Las Palmas, but we need to make space in the squad.

Well it's a nicer place to live than Brum and it's a far better league than going to play in Turkey so I'd say that isn't a bad move. Las Palmas signed Ollie McBurnie and Scott McKenna in last month so their new coach clearly likes the idea of raiding premier league subs benchs to sign internationals.

• Like 1

Can we put him up on Onlyfans? Perhaps there are some loaded grannies who would like him for 9 months and would pay his wages and a loan fee?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Can we put him up on Onlyfans? Perhaps there are some loaded grannies who would like him for 9 months and would pay his wages and a loan fee?

he’d end up in the OnlyFans pound shop section.....99% discount and BOGOF.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sorry that was rude of me. He is shit though and I reckon he should be happy with La Liga in the sun. If it's true though I wonder how much of his wages they'll cover. 

Lol no worries and tbh you're right, not like there's a long line of suitors. I think he's decent enough, but it's probably wages getting in the way. Not really his fault, that lies squarely on us.

• Like 1

Are we trying to agree something where he takes a small pay cut to help facilitate his Loan there? We can't be sending him on Loan if they can't even cover half his wage.

Anderlecht are supposedly interested as well. Lesser league than Las Palmas and I would guess neither can afford his wages. But it’s his boyhood club, So sentimentality comes into play (maybe)

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Well it's a nicer place to live than Brum and it's a far better league than going to play in Turkey so I'd say that isn't a bad move. Las Palmas signed Ollie McBurnie and Scott McKenna in last month so their new coach clearly likes the idea of raiding premier league subs benchs to sign internationals.

Clearly likes the idea of not scoring goals.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â