Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

If we do have to keep him around (struggle to get a move for him), I’d like to see us try him at CB during preseason, where he might be more suited and be able to put his strengths to better use. Fill in when needed.

Obviously the preference is to move him on but those wages seem to be a major stumbling block.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

If we do have to keep him around (struggle to get a move for him), I’d like to see us try him at CB during preseason, where he might be more suited and be able to put his strengths to better use. Fill in when needed.

Obviously the preference is to move him on but those wages seem to be a major stumbling block.

Good shout. In a 3 I think he'd be OK as cover

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

That's a good shout. I think he will perform better than Lenglet last season and probably better than Carlos too, as Carlos has been surprisingly weak in the duels, considering his size. 

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

No chance he plays at CB if he honestly we would have seen it already if we trusted him in that role.

He’s absolutely not a CB for sure 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He'll find a loan move for sure, he's a good player. 

he is a good player, but he's not a 90k p/w good player, and thats why we are struggling to move him on.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

he is a good player, but he's not a 90k p/w good player, and thats why we are struggling to move him on.

We surely can’t be paying him £90k a week, can we?? 😱

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He’s absolutely not a CB for sure 

think he played centre back at Wolves on more than a few occasions but a back 3

Not a terrible player imo, just another one that has fallen victim to our huge improvement over the last 21 months. Will likely leave on loan on deadline day.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Dendoncker at CB. Christ almighty. 

Brucesque

Couldn't be worse than Digne at centre back surely.

15 hours ago, ender4 said:

We surely can’t be paying him £90k a week, can we?? 😱

He was at Wolves for years and we signed him last minute so I can see that figure being accurate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

think he played centre back at Wolves on more than a few occasions but a back 3

If he can’t turn and receive the ball under pressure he’s going to struggle at CB and CM in a Emery system. 

He has played center back quite a bit, though not really in the kind of role we'd be looking to play him, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

However, he's not particularly suited to Emery ball, so I think we are looking to move him and his wages on if we can.

Emery is a smart cookie though, he doesn't burn bridges or create bomb squads, if Dendonker is here when the window closes then Emery will make use of him if he can, and keep him motivated to contribute as he has done previously with the likes of Chambers etc. Dare I say he'd do the same with Duran should he still be here. Players are commodities to be used and we pay them handsomely for that, casting them aside is cutting off your nose to spite your face, it's better to have them there to make use of should the situation arise, than end up with your tail between your legs when an injury crisis requires they are needed.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â