Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

He's not even been a Villa player for 2 years yet.

Let that sink in. Unbelievable

Thank God Lange isn't here any more.

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Thank God Lange isn't here any more.

The guy that signed Emi, Watkins, Konsa, Luiz, Bailey, Digne, Kamara, Duran etc... 

Happily bin all them off if it meant we didn't have to suffer Dendonker in our reserves. What an awful period it's been. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

The guy that signed Emi, Watkins, Konsa, Luiz, Bailey, Digne, Kamara, Duran etc... 

Happily bin all them off if it meant we didn't have to suffer Dendonker in our reserves. What an awful period it's been. 

Yeah he didn't sign most of them players. He joined 2020 and Luiz, Konsa already here and Emi was a Cutler choice and Ollie worked with and was wanted by Deano when Lange reportedly wanted Origi or Edouard

Bailey, Kamara and the overpriced Digne were not some random coups. They had big reputations

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'm not really bothered what people think of him so if I feel like jumping to his defence again I'll go to the Lange thread. I will say it's convenient that all the good ones were not actually good for some reason or not to do with him, but the bad ones are obviously his fault. And his reputation was damaged to the point he earned a more senior role at a big 6 club. 

People are entitled to their opinions of Lange, but he didn't do enough obviously wrong, or enough you can solely pin on him, for me to just slag him off at random opportunities like this. 

Dendonker caused no fuss, seems to be regarded as a good egg around the squad and came with a good reputation. It hasn't worked out and he doesn't suit the football we want to play, but it's small fry compared to some of the issues other clubs we're competing with have had this summer. He's not even bomb squad material really.

That Man Utd win is still one of my favourite modern moments as a Villa fan and he was very good that day. I honestly think he'd be regarded much better if we hadn't lost to Stevenage, he seemed to be utterly vilified after that game as if it was his fault alone. 

I hope he does well at Anderlecht and wish him well with his career once his contract runs out. 

I defend Dendoncker more than most on here but he was not a signing we should have made on the contract we stupidly gave him

Not his fault but the idiots running club then

47 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's basically the midfield version of Olsen. I wince every time he gets on the ball.

They have the same energy. Call it pain, inevitable shit, relegation. Just get them out. 

1 minute ago, Annoyman said:

An ancient prophecy tells that Dendoncker's Aston Villa contract will be magically nullified if VillaTalk ever goes 24 hours without calling him "Dendonker"

Can't c that happening

john cena wwe GIF

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

An ancient prophecy tells that Dendoncker's Aston Villa contract will be magically nullified if VillaTalk ever goes 24 hours without calling him "Dendonker"

Does the contract increase by one day every time someone calls him Dendonker? 

If so, I guess he has a magic lifelong contract and we’ll still be calling him Donker in 2090.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â