Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Swap deal with that Onana fella?

We should try… give Everton funds AND a replacement (although vastly inferior) player.

Edited by Jas10

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Personally it was always such a strange signing, especially for the price we paid. Wolves fans were happy to get rid.  

I heard from a few places that it was basically a panic buy thinking Luiz would be off to Arsenal, in the end he obviously renewed his contract and now Dendoncker looks like a stupid signing. Similar story with Sanson, we bought him thinking Man City were going to activate Luiz's buy-back clause but they never did... so somehow Luiz has destroyed 2 villa careers and wasted over £25m in transfer fees!! It shows how lucky we are to have him though if those 2 are the calibre of players we lined up as replacements

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

he would suit everton tbh, low block, compact, he doesnt need to move much, i think he would do great there tbh.

I think donks problem is that he doesnt suit any form of expansive game, at Everton he would be great as a pure deep holding DM.

Fully agree, as that is his position. Both at Wolves and for Belgium he played DCM or defender in a back three.

I dont like some of the stuff I read about big Donk on here at all, he is defensively a very good player, CDM breaking up play is his thing, his positioning and reading of the game is top class, he is tall and strong. He is not a good passer though, and will therefore never work in an Emery team. Asked to play CM and pass the ball around we will see lapses and mistakes from him. If he gets the ball he should kick it long or go for a safe sideways pass. Doing that and taking care of the defensive duties he is top class and deserves al lot of respect for it. But he will never be suited to playing for us under Emery.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2024 at 12:09, MaVilla said:

he would suit everton tbh, low block, compact, he doesnt need to move much, i think he would do great there tbh.

I think donks problem is that he doesnt suit any form of expansive game, at Everton he would be great as a pure deep holding DM.

Donk's bigger problem for Unai's system is that he just isn't good enough with the ball and you can't trust him not to give the ball away in his own third.

That probably won't be a problem for him at Everton, either.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sorry but…

please get rid of this guy asap.

The stupidity of Purslow and Gerrard has probably been exposed more than ever in this window 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Edited by Jas10

• 1 month later...

The Donk atm trying to blend into the surroundings a Bodymoor Heath so than Villa don't remember he's still at the club.

Homer Disappears Into A Hedge GIF - Homer Simpson Homer ...

Wonder if Everton would be interested in yet another PSR swap thingy.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

The Donk atm trying to blend into the surroundings a Bodymoor Heath so than Villa don't remember he's still at the club.

Homer Disappears Into A Hedge GIF - Homer Simpson Homer ...

Wonder if Everton would be interested in yet another PSR swap thingy.

If their intention is to get relegated as soon as possible - then yeah, maybe :lol:

3 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Donk is a perfect Dyche midfielder. Tall, strong and doesn’t mind If the ball is being twatted long over his head.

Made me lol. Nice work. 

He’s a perfectly capable premier league midfielder - just not good enough for where we are and have aspirations of staying. Hoping he gets a good move for his sake and we get his wages of the books … 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He’s a perfectly capable premier league midfielder - just not good enough for where we are and have aspirations of staying. Hoping he gets a good move for his sake and we get his wages of the books … 

spacer.png

He'll find a loan for sure. No chance he'll leave permanently and take a pay cut with 2 years left on contract and nobody will pay the £6.5m needed for us to not book a loss. This is a financial hit ala Coutinho, hopefully we can minimise it. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â