Pre Match Thread

villa89

9 minutes ago, sne said:

True, probably save it for one of those thf

Dilemma, not sure if there will be any double game weeks this year and Pep could either rest Haarland or only play him 45mins ( actually that will be enough time) with CL game in the week.

Edited by SuffolkVillan

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Is this game and the result a free pass for Stevie? 

Absolutely not. Fair enough he’s not expected to win, but we do expect that he should set us up in the best way possible to give city a game, and at the very least hard to beat. He can’t just throw this game away like it doesn’t matter. 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Is this game and the result a free pass for Stevie? 

Who knows, the club haven’t said anything about what they are thinking or planning.

The fan could play some role, if they turn and shout Gerrard out for large part of the match that could have an impact.

If the result is horrible like losing 9-0, it could have an impact. Same if we lose 2-1 it could maybe give him more time.

All in all, we just have to hope the club take action soon, but we have no way of knowing what is going to happen.

Isn't it ridiculous. I know we're very likely to be thumped. Yet that sliver of hope is popping up that we might somehow cause an upset and sneak something. 

I suppose it'll have been dashed by 5:34pm though, but at least get most of Saturday before the gloom descends. 

Can almost accept Haaland doing the damage - we're not the first and won't be the last - but it will hurt if it's Alvarez. 

Is Dendoncker not available or something, he's featured in all Wolves games so far so it's not a fitness issue. Don't tell he's another we've signed to be McGinn's butler or carrying his chicken costume around.

Personally I'd go for Chambers-Mings as they played very well up there last game of the season and for 70 minutes Man. City barely had a serious attack.

Guess he'll throw Bednarek straight in but he's been warming the bench for Southampton so far this season so dosen't seem a wise move v Haaland.

Can honestly see Man. City scoring 4 or 5 today, will be similar to when we first came up and played them under DS with Drinkwater miles off the pace. That was a 6-1 thrashing on our own turf.

Frustrating as we have given them two really good games so far under Gerrard but we'll be badly exposed if we start slowly today.

1 hour ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I can’t wait for 4.30 to see the team sheet. It’s going to be terrible isn’t it? 😂

For once I don’t think it will be. They are so far beyond us in class, it won’t really matter who we put out, we won’t get near them.

• Like 2