Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/22 at 22:59

6 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

worse start to a season since 1997, enough said.

GERRARD OUT!

And was you calling for Brian little head back then, I don't remember fans doing that. 

Arsenal are a very good team, this time last season they had won 2 of there 1st 6, Arteta was new into job but given time, fans might not like it but Gerrard needs time, or does the next manager only get 9 months. 

Cash to blame for win, walked away from martinelli and marked space, he was only 1 in box, stay on your mam, but I guess its the managers fault he couldn't do the basics

2 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

you don't think the first was a mistake?

Nah. He started moving to the left to deal with what appeared to be a cross, then had to reach back right across his body for the save after Konsa deflected it...that's why he didn't control the ball.

At one point Cash was in an all out sprint to overlap Bailey, but for no other reason than it's what he's been told to do every time. By the time he'd overlapped him there was about 10 yards of pitch left and Bailey had crossed the ball and then Arsenal broke on the counter with Cash out of position and trying to catch his breath.

A moment that perfectly sums up Aston Villa at the moment. 

Going through the motions without even thinking about an actual purpose or if any of it makes sense.

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I thought we did well and but for a blunder from Martinez and lack of concentration after scoring we could have got something from the game. Ok Arsenal were much better than us but thats because they are much better. Progress from the crap performance there last season 

Fantasy land, sorry. We were terrible, aboslutely so far from anything acceptable to the standard of player we have, squad or investment it’s untrue. 

Mark my words/post - we are in a relegation battle now, it needs action. 

I would also suggest that our seemingly great start to the transfer window is looking like a MAJOR FAIL come window close, we have one first team player improvement in a team that needed at least 3, more likely 4 new first team players 

Edited by thunderball

2nd half a little bit better but only because Arsenal took the foot off the gas. We also played better when McGinn came off and Luiz came on. Shock horror. Who knew?

Scoreline honestly flattered us, it could have been 5-0 at half time. Arsenal’s poor finishing the only thing stopping us from being embarrassed again. 

Scoreline and a spirited 10 minutes while Arsenal rested papers over cracks for the SG apologists. 3 points from 15. 

Next up Haaland City. We could be bottom before then. Hopefully SG is sacked after the City match. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ejvilla said:

No cutting edge. Need at least 2 new players up front. Bailey was good today. First time I've seen him try to defend. Could be a player in there alright. 

Ollie's not good enough. Buendia & Coutinho also not at the level required. McGinn passionate but poor. Ramsey is still raw which is okay, but it's too much for him now.

New midfield. New forward line. Better, ball playing CBs. 

NEW GOALIE. Sorry to say it. Dibi has been off it for a year now.

New manager.

I sometime think I watch different games to others. He had some nice touches but does he know how to sprint, pick a pass or have anything representing end product! 

I thought he was bang average again and was lucky to stay on. Not that we had much on the bench! 

One of many issues our new manager will need to sort: I thought Ings simply could not run fast enough for how we are playing. I feel bad for him, but he can’t catch up with threaded passes even when they’re well weighted. I thought he was going to get us an equalizer but he just wasn’t fast enough.

3 minutes ago, ejvilla said:

No cutting edge. Need at least 2 new players up front. Bailey was good today. First time I've seen him try to defend. Could be a player in there alright. 

Ollie's not good enough. Buendia & Coutinho also not at the level required. McGinn passionate but poor. Ramsey is still raw which is okay, but it's too much for him now.

New midfield. New forward line. Better, ball playing CBs. 

NEW GOALIE. Sorry to say it. Dibi has been off it for a year now.

New manager.

Lol

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â