Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Really. The board want European football asap.

There's massive expectation here without that.

Not this season though, that’s 2-3 years down the line. Nobody goes from relegation battle to Europe

Just now, Davkaus said:

They're a bloody good team, but as we've said all too often "they won't have an easier game all season".

I think we've done well defensively tbh - apart from Martinez having brain farts.

So hard to keep the ball against this level of intensity, even if we're making their life easier too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bazmonkey said:

Like I have said before...in this starting 11....

Mings
Cash
Konsa
Mcginn Scotland
Buendia
Watkins

All championship players...guess what happens when you have a team full of championship players....you end up.......

Brighton say hi 👋 

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

We’re a team full of internationals but somehow we look like boys against men? Baffling 

We gave most of the top teams good games last season. We've regressed so far it's astonishing. 

You can only blame Gerrard. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

You think Mings did a good job standing there watching the ball come in and reacting about a second after their striker?

Yes he was the last in a long line of failings front to back. But it wasn't a lie that he stood there doing nothing. 

Yeah I think he got beat by Jesus too easily and made the mistake of assuming Martinez was going to secure it.

• Like 1

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

I think these players are shot of all confidence. Ramsey looks a League 2 player at the moment. 

Considering he played half a dozen league one games at Doncaster and Villa deemed him ready, you could be right.