Match Thread: LC2: Bolton v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Remember when people used to support their team?

Remember when fans appreciated that a game of football is a sport which can go either way?

Remember when it was the very unpredictability of the game that made it exciting?

I swear online football support depresses the hell out of me. It's 1-1 in a cup game. Just enjoy it for what it is rather than just moaning and trying to outdo each others pessimism for 90 minutes

And I know I'm gonna get abuse for this post but Christ it's tiring and I hope I haven't offended anyone 

Because it's not just one match that is the issue here!  

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He worked in a counter attacking Dean Smith side. Really effectively. He shields, spins, moves the ball quickly to a player wide who has isolated a fullback on his heels. He gets aggressive and in the face of players when they’re not sure who to pass to.

He’s the anti-Pirlo, and we’re trying to control the football

Strongly disagree. He was good for the first 10 prem games. Then he played poorly, then he got injured and then he played even worse ever since. He's not been consistently good since November 2019.

Just now, Adman said:

Don't you still need a player between you and the goal to be offside?

Hope your saw my edit - didn’t mean to sound aggressive.

It has to be 2 players, just one of those is normally the keeper. The keeper was ahead of Ollie though

Evening if we come back to win this, which I expect us to, how in the Lords name can anyone watch this and think he needs time. 

I'm absolutely lost. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Seriously if you cant celebrate a villa goal no matter the circumstances you shouldnt even watch the game mate.

Just  no point if u cabt enjoy  it

I didn’t celebrate that goal. I find it ridiculous that people did. If anything it papers over the cracks which is the last thing I want 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Strongly disagree. He was good for the first 10 prem games. Then he played poorly, then he got injured and then he played even worse ever since. He's not been consistently good since November 2019.

You might disagree about how good he was, but surely you agree that that is his game?

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It was happening under Deano too. 5 games lost without hardly a fight. I'm telling you, there's some bad eggs at this club and their attitude is toxic.

Well who is it seeing that we’ve changed so many people on pitch and off pitch since  15 months ago. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

By the way that female commenting cant be any more biased. Her tome of voice was so disappointed when we scored.

She is **** awful get her off

I think most of Villatalk sounded disappointed too to be fair

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

The players look like they've never played together before, and that wouldn't be so concerning if this wasnt a starting team we could quite easily field in the league apart from Cash > Young. 

What on earth do they (not) do in training?

Practice curling corners directly in. Duh. 

• Like 1