Pre-match thread

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

1000 PL games for West Ham here. SG having a really easy ride on 5Live just now. Kind of reminds me of the way Steve Bruce was dealt with in the media, over the way the fans felt who saw things up close.

Wait until the backlash when he is gone unless we hire another media hero

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

When did “bed wetting” become the popular insult on this board? I must’ve missed that memo.

I'm referring specifically to the reactions to the line-up on Twitter. I think bed-wetting is a pretty common term for overreaction online, so maybe check your in tray.

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Jesus the doom and gloom in here. You sound like Everton fans ffs. I dont mind the team. Buendia was rubbish against Palace so glad to see Coutinho back. How McGinn is automatic choice is beyond me.

Win today and things look a lot better. I'm in the Gerrard out camp too but he's here and it's our team so support them instead of whingeing before a ball is kicked.

You sort of contradict yourself there. I’m sure it is possible to put out a better team then what Gerrard did with our squad. He is doing the same mistakes every week hoping that one day it will work. Today I hope he is right because if we loses we could be relegated. Even if we loses badly, there is no guarantee that he will be sacked, so it’s better that we win since it could save the club.