Pre-match thread

Wainy316

Just now, Jas10 said:

That’s the biggest issue right now. We have no control and nowhere near enough composure and presence in midfield… Luiz must play, at least until we bring in a new guy…

Agree! We are supposed to be holding possession and pressing, how can we do that when Mcginn and Ramsey struggle to string more that 4 passes together?!

We look all at sea defending set pieces as well. I do wonder what the hell the training sessions are like! 

Going to be a tough test today for Gerrard, hopefully he brings Luiz in. If he doesn't then the bloke is clueless! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

They both started last week and we got the runaround, not blaming either of them but the amount of players who improve dramatically when they don’t start is ridiculous. They finally get starts and they are a bit meh. 

Edited by WHY

Just now, calcifer said:

Agree! We are supposed to be holding possession and pressing, how can we do that when Mcginn and Ramsey struggle to string more that 4 passes together?!

We look all at sea defending set pieces as well. I do wonder what the hell the training sessions are like! 

Going to be a tough test today for Gerrard, hopefully he brings Luiz in. If he doesn't then the bloke is clueless! 

We have to close those distances and be better with the ball, we can’t vacate midfield again or we’ll be destroyed.

Keep it tight and compact, play with tempo and plenty of short passes - this is the way.

The best way to succeed with our players is to focus on a passing game, no hoofball, no aimless crossing, let’s have some proper patterns of play and create some genuine chances…

• Like 3

Make or break game today for me. If we get battered while looking clueless then I want him gone, no more ‘few more games’ I want him out and to become a bad memory. 

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

They both started last week and we got the runaround, not blaming either of them but the amount of players who improve dramatically when they don’t start is ridiculous. They finally get starts and they are a bit meh. 

I would suggest that the key area and source of most of our problems is in midfield…

we need to close distances and focus on a passing game, cut out the hoofball, aimless crossing and keep the ball on the ground… let’s allow our more technical players to thrive…

Luiz must play.

The majority of our players want the ball to feet and want to express themselves, so why do we insist on long balls? Chief culprit is our captain…

We need to change our approach… we have the technical quality…

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

The majority of our players want the ball to feet and want to express themselves, so why do we insist on long balls? Chief culprit is our captain…

We need to change our approach… we have the technical quality…

Chief culprit is our ex captain.

34 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

It's going to be a Villa win according to the vast number of West Ham supporters I know, which is more than 0, but less than 2.

Same. Speaking to him on Friday, I said the more likely scenario will be our team being booed back onto the pitch for the second half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Meltdown on social media as someones posted mings is out

If that’s true, we are in the shit. Vital player for us.

Hopefully it’s just BS, I hate it when people prey on negativity and spread crap…

53 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

We'll see how he decides to set up against them.

If he do like Eddie Howe did against Man City and actually going for the win, being brave.

But my gut feeling tells me he will put every man behind the ball and settle for damage limitation tactics and a narrow defeat.

We actually performed well in both games against City last season.

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If that’s true, we are in the shit. Vital player for us.

Hopefully it’s just BS, I hate it when people prey on negativity and spread crap…

Yeah just like someone who said martinez broke his hand. Some really sad losers out there

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah just like someone who said martinez broke his hand. Some really sad losers out there

Do you reckon these are Bluenoses?

What sad little lives they lead…

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We actually performed well in both games against City last season.

Generally speaking we have under SG  performed better against the top teams than against lesser teams. Played well against Man City both times and once against Liverpool, dominated Spurs ….

We just haven’t got a result in any of those games.

32 minutes ago, WHY said:

You’re right mate. I’m on the fence about Gerrard to be honest, but he’ll get pelters for any lineup because no one can agree who our best lineup is. I don’t think Luiz is the answer to our problems, but lots of people do, same as I am relatively happy with Watkins and Ings so far, but a lot aren’t.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Meltdown on social media as someones posted mings is out

It’s probably best to avoid social media at the moment, I imagine Twitter is toxic as hell. I’m gonna wait for the team sheet, then, try not to have a meltdown and see how they play. There’s plenty of time for complaining once we kick off 🤣