Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

22 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not a lot to laugh about at the moment but this did make me chuckle. That presenter earnestly reading out his list of “issues” which, if anyone at Sky had stopped to think for a second, are obviously not serious, and not even “issues”. (“Steven Gerrard and the recruitment team had reservations” FFS).

Where did he get that piece of paper from? Was it handed to him by his 6 year old daughter just before he left for work?

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Not a lot to laugh about at the moment but this did make me chuckle. That presenter earnestly reading out his list of “issues” which, if anyone at Sky had stopped to think for a second, are obviously not serious, and not even “issues”. (“Steven Gerrard and the recruitment team had reservations” FFS).

Where did he get that piece of paper from? Was it handed to him by his 6 year old daughter just before he left for work?

SSN are giant clown shoes. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I believe we were desperate because after allegedly 2-3 years of following this winger, we chucked nearly £30m plus players at it within minutes of getting smashed at Palace - when we don't play with wingers.

I may well be wrong and perhaps over reacting on the PR stuff - but everything about this transfer reeks of panic and desperation. How can it not? He doesn't suit our style of play, we haven't recruited for a different style all summer - it appears as though we've either gone big on him outta nowhere, or randomly decided to change our tactics out of nowhere.

There's 50 pages of people not understanding the deal because it doesn't suit us. Don't be so condescending as though it's mental it appears desperate. 

If any other club had the start we did and then plucked a player out of nowhere that doesn't suit them it would appear a touch desperate and it does for us too

Lange went and watched him last week no? I think you are blowing things out of proportion.

33 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

An agent/selling club perhaps using us to gain a better deal elsewhere - it happens. Not sure how anyone can say that it makes us a shambles? Perhaps we sniffed a rat and walked away? Good on us if so. 

I think that this is the most likely scenario - and Gerrard would easily see the signs, having used similar tactics himself while a player. That's not a pop at SG by the way, just a fact of life in how players look after themselves. If he didn't think Sarr was totally committed to the transfer, then far better to pull the plug now.....

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

I like Sarr but the move doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Doubt it was down to personal agreements, most likely Villa rethought the deal.

Would be strange to send your Sporting Director to scout the player, agree a fee with the club, have the player pass a medical and then 'rethink' the deal and pull out.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, imavillan said:

The over reactions in this thread are weird

Normally I’d agree but I think they are more to do with Purslow, Gerrard and how poor we look in general.

If we looked half decent on the pitch the reactions on this thread would be ‘good on the club for not taking any shit’.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Yeah we've gone all the way to having a bid accepted and then Gerrard is told oh we are going to sign Sarr. He then said, nah mate I'm not sure I fancy him.

As if a professional football club is run like that. Sky sports haven't a clue. Reading off a tweet or something 🤣

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â