Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Ah, I was wondering how this would be positioned. It is to blame the Lange & Purslow. Would u not think that the HeadCoach/manager should have a final veto on signings? Is this not a good thing?

It's not necessarily good or bad. The issue is the public airing of the process.

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Ah, I was wondering how this would be positioned. It is to blame the Lange & Purslow. Would u not think that the HeadCoach/manager should have a final veto on signings? Is this not a good thing?

In what world do you agree a fee, wages, medical and then ask the manager “so do you want him?”  This whole story is weird. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Edit: if u can provide a comment where I moaned about NSWE or Purslow, I will pay 1000 quid to a charity of your choice, I will post the receipt of payment here and I will post a comment to say to how wrong I was. 

LOL I thought you were arguing with yourself there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I think it just raises serious questions about who is making what decisions 

But no decision was made. Media reported the interest in Sarr, yes there may have been genuine interest but the club never said anything and if the club will make a decision to buy him or not

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

In what world do you agree a fee, wages, medical and then ask the manager “so do you want him?”  This whole story is weird. 

In a world where u get the information from the supposedly club buying the player and not social media

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Probably best for them to agree between themselves before

- we've had an offer accepted,

- he's done a medical

- agreed personal terms

- Gerrard himself has called him to convince him to come.

- All of the above are reported nationally

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Basically this guy started all this,  before the journos reported it:

Prob just some random but he's twice got our starting line up correct this season and also called the kamara deal

I can’t claim to understand Twitter but he supposedly broke the news about Kamara  weeks before it broke and yet not a single person commented on his  post ?

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Would u not think that the HeadCoach/manager should have a final veto on signings? Is this not a good thing?

No, demonstrably not in modern football when coaches last an average of 18 months but player contracts are an average of four years. That’s the whole point of the structure. Coach should be one voice but definitely not a final choice. (This is just a point on structure though, I haven’t followed what has or hasn’t happened in this case and am not making any point about Gerrard/Lange/Purslow etc).

• Shocked 1

Prob just some random but he's twice got our starting line up correct this season and also called the kamara deal

I can’t claim to understand Twitter but he supposedly broke the news about Kamara  weeks before it broke and yet not a single person commented on his  post ?

I also love the idea that Gerrard, Lange and Purslow have sat in a room and brainstormed how best to convince Sarr to join.

Gerrard calls, and after perfectly executing their plan, and a long negotiation, they finally convince their man we're the club for him, to the tune of nearly £30,000,000.

Gerrard hangs up the phone: "Yeah actually, can one of you call him back and say I had my fingers crossed behind my back so it don't count"

• Haha 1

I have absolutely no idea what is going on with this transfer. Were we ever really in for him? Did we ever meet agreement on wages/fees? Did Gerrard truly pull the plug?

What I do know is this: This reeks of panic.

Not what we want at this stage of the season.

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â