Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

One of the strangest transfers we’ve made in a while. I was convinced we wouldn’t be signing any wingers in this window. It just doesn’t fit at all.

That said, if it means we move away from this suicidal 4-3-2-1 we’re playing, I’m all for it. 

We sold our LW (JG), our star player, and never replaced him. Instead, we bought a past it CF and two RWs - one of whom (Emi) could take on the creative load and actually be effective if we could set the team up properly and build around him - we’ve never taken full advantage of his talents.

We sign Coutinho and demote our record signing to the bench more often than not, who is a more effective and consistent player when given the opportunity. A player on the way up rather than on the way down…

We stopped playing with wingers and have prioritised our fullbacks, now we sign another RW….

Make it make sense…

If we’ve suddenly decided to play with wingers again then we need a proper, highly talented, LW who is not unfamiliar with that position and won’t be forced to play it…

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, you did no moaning under the last guy. 

What is that meant to mean? Please explain or at least show mw ANY comment I made moaning about NSWE or Purslow ever.  Again you are on the wrong thread when u should be on the (I love) Dean Smith thread. 

31 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I respectfully suggest you go back and read through the thread. Loads of people saying the signing doesn’t make sense. How is that not criticising it?

So saying I don't understand is criticizing? When we say something like it does not make sense there is an implied to me.

• Like 1

Ornstein has been very accurate this whole transfer window, the fact him and Leventhal have said it now it’s prob not happening as of now or there’s more that needs to be done. Also where have these Gerrard vs Lange rumours/Gerrard out rumours popped up from? Or is it twitter nonsense 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

What is that meant to mean? Please explain or at least show mw ANY comment I made moaning about NSWE or Purslow ever.  Again you are on the wrong thread when u should be on the (I love) Dean Smith thread. 

Oh you can only moan at the people you deem acceptable. 

You mocked someone for moaning about not finishing higher in the league and signing certain players. Like others who are now mocking people for moaning, you did your fair share over the last few years and seem to have forgotten that. 

7 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Hopefully it's not advancing because Gerrard is getting sacked.

The player has been targeted for years, well before Gerrard, according to reports. 

I'd assume any delay is down to the terms. 

• Like 1

Could be as simple as Sarr’s agent throwing in some ridiculous last minute demand. The Gerrard - Purslow offski rumours seem like twitterers having Sunday evening entertainment at our expense.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â