Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Complete guess but it sounds to me that the powers above have said to Gerrard that you've had the backing for what you wanted and it isn't working, We're heading more to a club direction. 

I hope this is the signal that something will change and a new approach is happening. I'll accept its completely wasted pre season so I don't want to hear any bullshit excuses. But I'll be pleased if we can start showing a positive improvement. 

In fairness, we will now have such a wealth of attacking power that we can probably just wing it and shithouse a few wins until it clicks properly. lol

( If we change to a 4 - 3 - 3 | 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 )

We NEED a strong CM in!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Percy saying he's been a long term target for Villa. From before Jack was even sold. So I can imagine there's a lot of time gone into if he's the right player for us or not.

I'd love to know why we are after a wide forward though. Hopefully it becomes clear soon. 

Issue for me that we have long term signings that are pacey, wide forwards and our style of play involves minimal pace, minimal width and minimal going forwards.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JoeParker91 said:

Don't know why you're so excited when you've just said it isn't happening...

Because Gerrard is shit for not getting him in. C'mon man! 😅

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Issue for me that we have long term signings that are pacey, wide forwards and our style of play involves minimal pace, minimal width and minimal going forwards.

You know what though?

There is no reason SG couldn't find a way, to make a hybrid  ( Blend it with 4 - 3 - 3 play ) of his " preferred " system work with the players we have.

It's just about setting it up right and tactics IMO.

And of course, getting the midfield right.

We know percy gets info from villa. Seems odd to include the detail that he's a long term target. To me that suggests this is moving away from Gerrards plan so far. 

I've got no issue with Gerrard learning and adapting. I won't hold it against him. It's annoying but I hope this is a step in the right direction.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

We know percy gets info from villa. Seems odd to include the detail that he's a long term target. To me that suggests this is moving away from Gerrards plan so far. 

I've got no issue with Gerrard learning and adapting. I won't hold it against him. It's annoying but I hope this is a step in the right direction.

Or maybe the club wants to cover the fact they are buying for the next manager so Gerrard keeps putting effort in. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Or maybe Gerrard has won the battle with Lange and the deal is off 😉

6 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Three scenario' spring to mind:

1)  Gerrard has had a "road to Damascus" epiphany, and is changing to a 4-4-1-1.

2) Gerrard has been told to retire to his office, and front the club with the media side of things, while Critchley does the coaching and tactics.

3) There's a new manager search underway.

Unfortunately there's a fourth scenario....  Sarr has become available in what is perceived to be a cut-price deal, Gerrard and the club have decided to pounce on the deal but haven't actually worked out how it fits in

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Percy saying he's been a long term target for Villa. From before Jack was even sold. So I can imagine there's a lot of time gone into if he's the right player for us or not.

I'd love to know why we are after a wide forward though. Hopefully it becomes clear soon. 

So much time, in fact, that we no longer have the same manager, Jack, the same players, or the same system.

So we have finally decided he’s right for us, just when we get a manager that doesn’t play wingers? What, he complements the new paint in the dressing room now?

Never heard so much crap in my life.

(Not from you, btw)

Edited by Thug
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Or maybe the club wants to cover the fact they are buying for the next manager so Gerrard keeps putting effort in. 

Possibly a combo of the two?

I mean a combo of what you and DC Jonah has suggested.

I've been thinking the same.

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

Unfortunately there's a fourth scenario....  Sarr has become available in what is perceived to be a cut-price deal, Gerrard and the club have decided to pounce on the deal but haven't actually worked out how it fits in

That doesn't sound like us at all! 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Complete guess but it sounds to me that the powers above have said to Gerrard that you've had the backing for what you wanted and it isn't working, We're heading more to a club direction. 

I hope this is the signal that something will change and a new approach is happening. I'll accept its completely wasted pre season so I don't want to hear any bullshit excuses. But I'll be pleased if we can start showing a positive improvement. 

Could it be Critchley that's changing the system. We're still playing the Michael Beale setup, but NC missed our pre season with his passport issues.

Maybe the change has been in the pipeline for a while, but we're yet to have the players to do it? All guess work.... and doesn't explain having no midfield, and fullback as our main attacking options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know what though?

There is no reason SG couldn't find a way, to make a hybrid  ( Blend it with 4 - 3 - 3 play ) of his " preferred " system work with the players we have.

It's just about setting it up right and tactics IMO.

And of course, getting the midfield right.

You see the problem with your post?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Could it be Critchley that's changing the system. We're still playing the Michael Beale setup, but NC missed our pre season with his passport issues.

Maybe the change has been in the pipeline for a while, but we're yet to have the players to do it? All guess work.... and doesn't explain having no midfield, and fullback as our main attacking options.

I can't buy this. 

We've had Bailey and Traore. Buendia played as a wide right player for Norwich.

I think something is changing now. I don't think this has been the plan otherwise why didn't we start adapting to it in pre season?

• Like 2

Â