Footnall At The Weekend, August 19-22

rjw63

Just now, May-Z said:

I must admit,I thought Newcastle were dead and buried last year with no way back. I though Eddie Howe was a poor choice and after his first few games would take them down without a whimper. 

But **** me, what a job he has done to turn them around in a short space of time and without too much real investment. 

We've been leapfrogged me thinks. 

Sadly, yep.

The only hope here is that big players continue to resist going anywhere near the North-East, which is a problem Newcastle always had when trying to recruit big players, even when competing from trophies, with the exception of Shearer and Owen.

Just now, est1874 said:

VAR says no.

Shocked that the VAR ref questioned the decision....  Never seen this happen before in England.  The Referee's Union basically defends each others bad calls

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Trippier doesn't even touch him there. Yellow for the intent but that's all.

He clearly kicked him on the knee. Not with the studs, but obvious contact twice.

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

Shocked that the VAR ref questioned the decision....  Never seen this happen before in England.  The Referee's Union basically defends each others bad calls

Blatantly the right decision, but like you, I'm surprised VAR had the balls to say so.

Just now, KMitch said:

Saudi must have called the Batphone.

• Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

May as well make it a non contact sport while you're at it

Not at all. Just kicking a player where you’re unable to even touch the ball to prevent an almost certain goal should be removed from the game.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â