Footnall At The Weekend, August 19-22

rjw63

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Well this weekend has thrown all my predictions in the bin. Shows what I know.

Hats off to Leeds & Brighton.

Newcastle, Impressive but I  don't trust em, they usually find a way to fail. I guess we will find out in the next 40 odd minutes..

I don't think anyone predicted those results. Shows that City aren't untouchable after all. 

• Like 1

Not looked at the stats but it seems to be mentioned a lot that City don’t start seasons well but once they get going are like the juggernaut.

Not taking anything away from Newcastle they have been excellent. 

• Like 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

The key to the so called rivals around us compared to us is a physicality, pace, power to their play and willingness to move for the ball and hunt in packs.

Agree, they also have a central midfield & play full backs as full backs. :(

• Like 3

Just now, penguin said:

Trippier was an inspired signing as much as I hoped it wouldn’t work out, their business has been excellent it pains me to say.

Hoped they’d go the Everton route of spunking money out like blind darts.

Trippier's a very good player. In last four years he's started and scored in world cup SF for England, started a CL final, won league with Atletico Madrid starting every week and also started the euros final for England.

In terms of mentality he's one of the best Newcastle could've realistically got at this stage of their evolution.

Guimaraes is the one though that's totally changed their style of play, someone Steve Bruce wouldn't have a clue how to play but everything going through him.

Oh and not starting games at minus 10 miles an hour. Gerrard has us from the off trying to bore the opposition rather then get at them. Which is why our players look so unfit, and probably are as they don't get coached to play high tempo football.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Trippier was an inspired signing as much as I hoped it wouldn’t work out, their business has been excellent it pains me to say.

Hoped they’d go the Everton route of spunking money out like blind darts.

Yup. With some backroom staff who know how to run a **** football club, and a manager who knows how to get his team to do the basics, they've leapfrogged us in a year.

Aston Villa is a **** circus, and the clowns aren't going anywhere.

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

The key to the so called rivals around us compared to us is a physicality, pace, power to their play and willingness to move for the ball and hunt in packs.

So all the things that were issues for us last season and we've failed to resolve this season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â