limpid

Match Polls  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

What big moments? Absolute waffle we were SHIT and deserved  nothing 

Yeah, I am not sure what he is referring to other than possibly Leon hitting the bar?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The way the game went, 3-1 was absolutely fair. Whether it came from a dodgy penalty or not, it was a 3-1 match.

Yeah the penalty decision was awful, I’m not even remotely mad at it though, we were losing that game whatever happened.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Been travelling up to Orkney from Inverness today.

How'd we play? Should I read this thread? Or should I just not look at anything in here or villa related online for a while?

Find a tunnel and stay there for the night.lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Well well well, i warned the happy bunch last week after Everton that we did not play that great and we would get beat by palace… this result wasn’t a shock to me as per, we were completely destroyed in the midfield and outdone almost every time in defence… it was a horrible game to watch we were getting bombarded everywhere.

We only actually looked more stable when Luiz came on believe it or not 😂 who looked tidy … Bailey was unlucky in his strike but he is just not direct enough going forward.. digne was having a nightmare and the list goes on… not strong enough and not enough height in the team… we need to sign a CENTRAL MID ASAP!! 

To all the guys that were happy with the squad going in to the new season what bloody team have you been monitoring this summer because we are WAY OFF !! 

It almost seems you are triumphant that we lost. Is that true ? I think most Villa fans will be unhappy we lost. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

To be fair Viera was so good tactically on the pitch and now it’s translating into his management career.

Meanwhile our gaffer was all about lung busting runs through the midfield and smashing it top bins. There's levels to this.

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yep. Fast paced uptempo football is what suits our players so why the **** do we keep starting mcginn. 

I'm glad someone else has noticed. Whenever we play well, with a bit of flair it's at pace, Gerrard must be blind to this!

Ugh, that was a tough watch. So many long balls lumped at 5'10 strikers headed effortlessly clear into a central midfield that contains none of our players

I don't have much of a sense that Digne is better than Matt Targett

None of the Palace fans round me could figure out what the penalty was given for even after the replay, I could see it but it seemed overcooked and daft

Not sure why Watkins went to so much effort to antagonise their fans when he scored, that worked out great huh

Bailey at least got an assist and had a fine effort hit the bar

I think it's clear enough at this point that Mings/Konsa/McGinn are only going to take a team so far, but I think we really might look back at some of the other players in this squad with a sense of regret/irritation at the wasted potential in the future. Not sure why Martinez wouldn't easily get enough first team football to keep him in the Argentina team anywhere else he wants to at this point, and if Buendia moves on because he was sacrificed to a futile attempt to rehabilitate Coutinho's career it'll be criminal

Palace were very good tbf; I can see us playing this badly and winning 1-0 at some point this season, not that it'll be much more enjoyable

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Really you couldn't see this coming? The Bournemouth performance was actually worse.

I meant from when he joined....I was hoping Bournemouth was a one  off, but it clearly isn't.

The things I see wrong, and there are many, are just not being addressed.

I can't defend him anymore......I just don't know what the club will do.....But those performances, left unchecked, WILL take us down.

People saying Palace have better players than us… come on, we’ve outplayed basically the same Palace side in the last few seasons. That wasn’t all down to Grealish.

We’ve made them look good today by playing into their hands. They thrive on a stretched game with a high defensive line. Every time they managed to clear the ball it turned into a dangerous attack. This is tactical stuff, not individual player quality.

Yes I think we’d all like to see a new centre mid in the squad, and potentially even a quick striker/winger… and the Carlos injury is a big shame.

But these aren’t the reasons we’re getting comprehensively outplayed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

We just got destroyed by Crystal Palace! What is the world coming to? 3-1 was lucky. They could have scored 10.  They had the freedom of the midfield and the flanks and toyed with us for 90 minutes.

Zaha and Eze are top player no doubt, they can do this to any team, but we made it easy for them. 

This was a proper high tempo, high intensity Premier league game. Bailey and Kamara, while clearly have quality, aren't acclimatised to it yet.

McGinn wasn't any help to cash in dealing with Zaha. Ramsey was a passenger. Digne was hard done by for the penalty, it was harsh. But he didn't play well. 

Only Martinez and Watkins come out with any credit for their performances.

We are just too wide open. We stretch the formation out to create more room to play in, but then we pass the ball around in slow motion, allow ourselves to be pressed and pushed back then have to resort to long balls to get the ball out of our half. Where is the passing and movement? Where is the composure? Where was our captian?

I have SERIOUS questions over the coaching, he tactics, and the choice of captian.

Tbf palace are a very well set up side however if we are pushing for European places then we must be doing sooo much better in these type of games … so in that respect yes its very disappointing and its the performance more than the result that has caused serious concern 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I meant from when he joined....I was hoping Bournemouth was a one  off, but it clearly isn't.

The things I see wrong, and there are many, are just not being addressed.

I can't defend him anymore......I just don't know what the club will do.....But those performances, left unchecked, WILL take us down.

Yeah, we keep playing like this we do not deserve to be in the Premier League.

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

It almost seems you are triumphant that we lost. Is that true ? I think most Villa fans will be unhappy we lost. 

I sort of get it though - the sooner everyone accepts that Gerrard doesn’t have a plan, the sooner we can fix this mess. The worst thing is he keeps digging out lucky results and clings on to the end of the season, while all the players phone up their agents. Got to think about the bigger picture here. We’re in Whelan penalty territory now.

34 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Sorry but anybody who starts Digne after today needs to be sectioned !!!

Actually, next game is Bolton, so Young should start that anyway. Good time to rest Digne.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

But this isn't new to the Villa,the previous incumbent got the sack for the same performances,I would have expected an experienced ex England midfielder to recognize what's wrong and fix it,but sadly,he doesn't seem able to.

Thats my worry too.

I can't defend the manager on these showings....but I fear it might be deeper than that.

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

I emphatically believe that......but not much else is right either.....There are elements of our play, you would expect any manager to fix, and he hasn't.....The defensive contribution is dog breath.

It is extremely hard to defend him after that.......but I think something, is drastically wrong.......We have brought in 1 first team player from finishing 14th....one is an unfortunate injury and the other was already here.

I am shocked, that it has come to this.

I think there is more to it, than meets the eye.

dog-cachorro.gif

This team is fairly unique, in that the whole is worse than the parts.

We need an experienced, forward-looking, expensive, non-british manager to properly coach this team.

We have invested too much money in the team and in our youth system to see it all thrown away.

The present incumbent just does not look up to the task.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â